1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic Friend (knows I am gay) is in my brothers class!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by phoebe, Jan 11, 2014.

1. phoebe

I came out to my friend a couple of months ago and she reacted pretty homophobic and we are no longer friends. I am moving on to high school in two weeks an my friend is still in middle school. My problem is my brother is going into her class in two weeks! I am not sure if she will tell him or anyone and it will spread!
    What should I do if she does tell anyone, especially my brother?!
    Thanks!:eusa_doh::bang::icon_sad:

2. UlrichOwl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you aren't ready for other people to find out yet, then that could be a tricky situation. If you trust your brother, you could try sharing with him in advance. If you confide in him, he could help you to keep your secret until you are ready to share, and could help to serve as a buffer in his class in case this homophobe tries to start drama.

You could also try and send your friend a message, perhaps an e-mail or text message, appealing to your former relationship and asking for her to respect your discretion. just because she reacted in a homophobic way doesn't necessarily mean that she will try to hurt you.

3. Foster

Does she even know your brother? There's a chance that even though they're in the same class they'll never talk or become friends, so don't worry too much. Address problems as they come your way, because there's no point in stressing about something that hasn't happened and may not happen.

4. phoebe

she knows my brother, When she slept over at my house she met him and she has slept over quite a lot! My brother is 11 and tends to tell everyone everything and can't keep secrets!

5. PurpleGrey

Well, this isn't the most practical advice by a long shot, but if you're quite convinced that there's no way to prevent being outed, maybe it would be easier to think of how you can deal with the situation if it happens. Given I don't know anything of use, I can't really think of how you would do so.

6. phoebe

you see, my brother jokes about me being a lesbian, (jokes, i don't think he actually thinks this) And with my friend she forced me to shoplift (she said she would beat the shit out me and chuck me in an ally so the rapists can have me, she has the strength to do this), the school found out (CCTV) and so did my parents so my mum hates her guts. He might mistake it mean rumors, HOWEVER, I also have other friends staying at the school (who are also friends with my brother) who genuinely think i am a lesbian, because i fit the 'stereotypes'.