1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality and religion?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rice, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Rice

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For those of you out there who have some sort of faith - how have you found this?

At the moment, I'm having a really hard time with my sexuality and my faith. There are ao many wonderful people I know who work for the church and are also gay, so I know I will be accepted in some churches, but it's still something I struggle with.

Anyone else?

2. UIOP

Personally, I don't like that the Bible declares homosexual practise as a sin but I am still Christian. The reason why is because I feel like Jesus has died to remove our sins - in other words, to let imperfect people like me go to heaven. So the way I see it, there is nothing stopping anyone being gay and Christian. That's my opinion anyway. I don't know anything about other religions.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^UIOP has a good way of dealing with it. Personally though, I don't believe being gay is a sin. To the contrary, I feel like my GSM status is a gift from God, allowing me to see beauty in places where straight/monosexuals aren't quite as able.

Maybe you can benefit from thinking of it as something good you were meant to be, rather than a shameful condition you need to cope with.