1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love online, lost, and [really] need help!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cerise, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Cerise

Hi all.

About a year ago I unexpectedly met and befriended another girl on a website, having a very specifically common interest. Since Day 1, we just clicked. For me it was pretty much love at first virtual meet.

We message each other all day every day, usually to talk about just whatever, but sometimes I could swear she's flirting with me. Of course I flirt back, but in a subtle way to not lose face.

As to orientation, we both told our friends that we aren't sure what to call ourselves.

Sometimes I think I'll burst if I don't tell her the truth, but I don't dare. I just couldn't handle her rejection. She is rather closed up and unexpressive, even about everyday things. To complicate it all, we both live very far from each other, for now.

We've never seen each other beyond vague descriptions, we don't even know each other's real names - standard procedure for that site - rather, we have a special nickname we use just for us. Not a romantic or sexual one, but special still.
    I love her for who she is, that's all. She at least appreciates me for who I am.

So: I've tried opening up to her about things, but she won't, though I've told her she's more than welcome.
    My question is, how can I subtly know more of how she feels and get her to open up, even little by little? I have no idea if she returns my feelings, or if she wants to make it a real relationship.
    All I know is I've never loved anyone so much and sometimes I get all upset for nothing, at the mere thought that she might not. I just feel a very deep connection to her, and I don't want anyone else.

Any advice anyone could give, I would be most obliged.

S.O.S.

- Cerise
    :help:

2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I'm not entirely familiar with the world of online dating, I did see one red flag in your story. You don't know her real name, and you've never seen what she looks like. I don't want to sound like the bringer of bad news, but I feel like you should check and see who she is before you try and attempt a relationship with her. It's wonderful that you've found this kind of relationship, but you need to know who it's with. After that, then you can focus on how to tell her your feelings and figuring out how she might react.