1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm too shy ! help !

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by loserboyWonder, Jan 15, 2014.

1. loserboyWonder

this probably sounds dumb, but i'm painfully scared of people. in public, i look angry (that's how my face naturally looks !!) and people leave me alone, but i'm actually so shy that i'll stutter and turn red if a stranger asks me for directions or something. it's even worse when someone pisses me off. i have troubles standing up for myself or calling someone out on something because i feel like no one will take me seriously. i can't make friends because i'm too afraid i'll say something offensive !

it's embarrassing ! does anyone have any ideas on how i could get over it ?

2. 51chameleons

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I did theatre, and while I'd recommend it if you're interested (you'll learn how to speak more comfortably, for one), it's not gonna fix all of you're problems. You're a transguy, so you're probably dealing with a lot of crap related to how you think people see you (I know I do), and it sounds like you've go some general confidence issues as well. It may not be feasible for you, but you might want to see a therapist if you can. Just talking helps, and your therapist will help you understand what you're feeling and how to move forward. I know school conselors can be spotty, but if that's your only option you might want to give it a try. If nothing else, just remember that you deserve to be present and you deserve to be taken seriously, no matter what others might say. Just start taking chances- wave to someone you know, raise your hand in class (if you're still in school), strike up a conversation with an acquaintance. It may be awkward at first, but it'll give you a chance to grow and gain confidence in your ability.