1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use of the word "friend"

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by js6559, Jan 16, 2014.

1. js6559

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'm just over-thinking things but I have a silly question! So I've been crushing on a friend who is a lesbian but she's only known me to be with guys. She's always saying things like she enjoys spending time with me, I'm a blessing in her life, I make her laugh, that I'm the best, that I'm sweet...so I think she likes me as well. But, lately she's been dropping the word "friend" a lot...am I just reading into it that that is her hint she's not interested in being more than friends...or is that just her not getting that I like her???? Opinions? So confused!

2. Colours

It could mean different things. Firstly some people are just very open about their feelings - she might say she really enjoys being around you, etc etc and I'm sure she does, but that doesn't have to mean she likes you that way. In turn, she might drop the word 'friend' a lot so that you won't suspect her of liking you when she doesn't.

At the same time though, she could be saying it to mask the fact that she does like you (perhaps because she doesn't want to harm the friendship). But then again it's very hard to tell. It could just mean nothing at all.

Have you tried hinting at the fact that you like her? Or straight up telling her? It might be risky but at least it'll be more clear.

3. js6559

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Colours...thanks! In my opinion I have hinted to her I like her but I'm pretty closed off when it comes to sharing feelings but with her it's different. I'm normally pretty closed off to everyone but it's just natural and easy with her...so it probably just seems normal in her eyes. IDK! Good way to drop the hint???