1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

went to my first meetup group last night

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Pete1970, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Pete1970

It was great. It was more of a discussion group than a social group but it was great just to be around people where they know I'm gay and I don't have to hide things. The people that were there were very friendly and not judgemental at all.

The thing is the meetings are at a community center that have their own events. Next week they are having an event at a restaurant. For me going to a discussion group is one thing but a social event is a total different thing. I don't know if I could go alone. A few of the people last night might be going. Would it be acceptable to ask them to hang out with them? I know I don't know them very well yet but at least they would be familiar faces. I just don't want them to think they have to and I also don't want to be like a puppy following around their owner.

2. MightNeedThis

I don't think it's weird at all! It's a familiar face, and it's always nice to know there will be one where you're going. Odds are, they are feeling the same way.