1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Taking a drug test for someone else

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by charlavail, Jan 17, 2014.

1. charlavail

Out Status:
    All but family
    I just had someone ask me to take a drug test for them (they asked me for my urine) because they have to go through a background check and a drug test for their college internship.
    How in the world do I say no? I honestly want to straight up say "No, I will not" because that is ridiculous. They should have though of the repercussions, but I hate getting people angry at me. Especially people who are passive aggressive about things.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can just say "I'm sorry, I just don't feel comfortable doing that." If they persist, you can say "I'm sorry, it's just not a risk I'm willing to take, and it's also not something I'm comfortable discussing any further."

3. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I think being honest might be the best way to handle this. You could say your on a prescription drug and that it would show up in the test.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a slim chance it's illegal, and if it isn't, is certainly worthy of disciplinary action if you're found out. Whoever asked you to do this has no regard for your well-being. They need to get their issues sorted out before passing that drug test becomes a priority.

5. ladylovelylocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can just tell them you are not confortable doing that and flat out refuse. I really think that is the best option. However I 2nd the if you feel you absolutely cannot stand up to them about it you could say you are on a prescribed medication that will show up.

as for the person who asked they suck. obviously they have no respect for you if they would ask you to do that and pressure you to cover for their mistake and get them something they do not qualify for or (IMO) deserve. They should not be getting the opportunity they are applying for.. what if there are other candidates who have clean tests and deserve this and instead you do this and the people who deserve it don't get it and the one who asked you to LIE and CHEAT with them get it. Totally not fair and especially not fair to you.

6. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't just wanna say no because you think its wrong, tell them you cannot pass a piss test either.

7. Skov

Just say "No." That's really all you need to say. You don't owe them any explanation. I had someone do that to me once for a sobriety program thing and I just told her "No." When she pressed, I said, "I said no. Don't bring this up again." Yeah I probably sounded like an uptight dick, but who cares. She was just trying to use me anyways