1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just tell me if it's worth it

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AloneOutHere, Jan 18, 2014.

1. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All I wanna know is if being in a relationship is worth it. I mean in high school and what not. Or is it just awful. Someone who's been their, done that. Thanks

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard work on top of studying. It didn't work for me. I was still developing my sense of self and deciding what I wanted from life. Relationships in high school are worth it if you reckon you can endure the likely breakup. In hindsight I shouldn't have taken it so seriously and focused more on myself. I had more fun in college because the course was only part-time. It was good experience for later relationships.

3. emkorora

emkorora Guest

I think it's worth it, depending on the expectations you have...

... Will it likely last? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Ultimately, being in relationships and recovering from them teach you a lot of things you might not otherwise know about yourself and about life. It's an important living, loving, and laughing phase to pass. :slight_smile:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on the quality of the relationship. If it energizes you and supports you in difficulty, yes. If it's just stress and worry, no it's not. So just be sure you know the person very well. :slight_smile: