1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just be yourself....?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by freeskies, Jan 19, 2014.

1. freeskies

People say- just be yourself. But when I am myself, I give into things easily. I’m a 25 year old closeted gay, shy, submissive, anxious, low on self-esteem, soft spoken and quite self-conscious. I’m obsessed with analyzing my life. I cannot chase after jobs/careers; I just wait till something falls into my lap. I know it’s wrong because this indicates to my laziness, but I am not lazy when I have work in hand.
    So, how can one be himself/herself and wade through this dog-eat-dog, fast paced world, where everything works by pushing oneself to be assertive?

#1 freeskies, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am exactly the same but I like to believe that with my will and optimism about the future then one day my life will be what it's suppose to I believe it destiny everything happens for a reason

3. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Dont be a bad version of yourself, or a good version of someone else...instead become a good version of yourself, and always improve.... Spend time alone and meditate "what do i want and with is the best way to approach that? How do i reach for MY dreams effectively... Meaning dont be fake, be yourself, but be a better version of yourself and improve constantly... For these you need awareness, self discovery, soul searching, seeing allmpaths you can take and with is better for you. Try things, evaluate the results, and improve.