1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to one girl on a dating site but site says were not compatible

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Jan 19, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I joined this other dating site that lets you talk to people for free but the problem is the only girl on the site that i'm currently attracted to and lives in my area the site said we're not compatible because we like different things . I still want to talk to her and get to know her but we're so different I'm scared that if we do meet each other we might not like each other much . The women I'm compatible with i'm not attracted to which sucks plus most of them live a state over from me some live close but seem to only want causal sex .

I'm thinking maybe because we're less compatible it might not be wise that I try to meet the girl i'm attracted to but i'm on the fence on this one :help:

2. Nick07

I was a close friend with someone and we found out later that one particular website said that we were 100% enemies...
    Don't let some computer program bother you much.

3. its only a dating site, its not real life. people are different irl than online. talk to her and see if you have anything in common. the worst you could do is find out you dont have anything in common...
    you havent spoken yet? am i right? i could be wrong and reading your post wrong but if you havent spoken then do, then worry about what to do if you meet up later. take it slow try not to worry so much! :slight_smile:

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your right we hadn't spoken I didn't even put my picture up but I will try to talk to her .

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you started on this site, did you have to answer a bunch of questions and state which answers you would deem 'acceptable' from other people while you were at it?

I tend to find that the compatability things on those sites are OK for a brief overview but really don't account for much. I mean there are plenty of people I know with the exact same interests as me who I really can't stand, equally there are plenty of people I get on really well with who have very little in common with me! Use those as more of a guidline than a rule!

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah i had to answer a bunch of questions and state which answers deem acceptable
    The down side is I looked at her profile and you can see people's answers and your answer and she doesn't seem to be looking for a serious relationship and just scares about sex and she always wants an open relationship which sucks . Plus I'm a lefty when it comes to politics and she's a righty and that's a deal break :icon_sad:

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes opposites attract, so don't let a simple website tell you you're incompatible.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I said Hi to her to see how it goes .

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sucks! Oh well, I'm glad you said hi anyway, at least you can say you tried!(*hug*)

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah maybe she's a nice righty ? :icon_sad: well I was thinking that I might join another site because this one still doesn't give me enough girls in my town maybe the lesbians in my town aren't using it that much . I saw mostly bisexual but most of them just want to have fun and so with the lesbians .