1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends dad killed himself and he still doesn't know...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kuroi, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The situation is a bit complicated. I have a friend whose dad recently hung himself (their whole family had been in a rough position for a long time) and he still hasn't got the news. Most of the people who heard the news agreed upon not telling him even though that seems wrong but we have few reasons for that. One of them is that our friend has been going through a rough period for quite some time now and the other is that he is really far away (other side of the country). His grandma still hasn't told him and I just don't know how to react. I feel that he deserves to know but I fear how that might affect him. We all would like him to know that were there for him but since hes so far away and doesn't know yet, that seems hard to do. Please guys, help.

2. willycubed28

I think he should know. That was (is) his father. He has every right to know, and for me I think there is no reason not to tell him. If that was my father I would want to know even if I was in the same position. I know this is hard, but that is his father.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I think he should know, but that's his family's decision. I'd stay out of this one and let any fallout over their decision not to tell him stay within the family.

4. Daydream Harp

Well you should make sure he have a situation of support and comfort when he gets the news at least, and yeah if the family don't want him to know yet then probably best to not tell him before they do.