1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People judging you cause you are bi-sexual

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ladylovelylocks, Jan 19, 2014.

1. ladylovelylocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I have rarely had any issues with this till recently and wonder how ya'all respond to these kinds of comments when they come your way.

Last night I was being DD for some friends as a favor so was hanging out at a house with a few intoxicated people (some friends some friends of friends) and somehow the subject of my bisexual status was being asked about. I am fairly open so didnt mind the questions then it shifts and the one guy says that it's not natural. He states a women can be 'curious' but that's it and that being bi or gay stems from a 'soul deep hurt' I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that one except that I don't agree. I knew I was gonna get nowhere when he said 'when I went to church...' :bang:

Then again recently a friend said (not having yet known my status) that they see bisexual people as 'horny bastards' who just want to do anyone with 2 legs. I debated why that isn't true and she just said she still feels 'they' are just selfish and haven't picked a side yet. She made it sound like bisexual people do nothing but try to get with others even if they are in a relationship! I was offended but again could tell I wasn't gonna get anywhere with changing her mind.

After these comments and a few others I have heard from people in the past it made me curious how others deal with these misguided comments when they come up?? can't wait to hear how you all have handled these moments...

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I use to label myself bi before i knew i was lesbian and i use to get this first hand i was ditch by another lesbian she told me she liked me but couldn't date me because I was bi , I got told by other lesbians mostly online I have bad luck meeting them in real life . that they don't want me because i probably will leave them for a man or crave penis . straight guys were that great either one tried to get me to have a 3some I told him I don't like that type of stuff I was told isn't that the point of being bi , some guys thought I was a slut when i said I was bi . I also had a straight guy get mad at me because I liked a girl more than him and he thought because I was bi i would pick him instead of her . I've also gotten a hate message last week because I told this guy i didn't want to date him .
    I'm not bi but i've seen what bisexual people go through first hand

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See things like this are the reason I tend not to spend a lot of time around people who are drinking...

Any time I've had a comment like this I've just given logical answers...this unfortunately has never made the situation much better at the time since apparently people don't LIKE being proved wrong about things...

4. ladylovelylocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol! Yeah I don't like to spend time around people drinking might either but got asked to DD and as I am very against drunk driving I agreed. The comments from the female friend were sober over coffee though. Even my own mom who is very pro gay/lesbian relationships and has several gay friends has said she just doesn't 'understand' bisexuals. It's weird how people can be so against it while being pro same sex relationships! I mean I just don't have a preference, to me it is about the person not their gender.

I agree that lots of times when guys find out they think it is good only because they envision threesomes. That's not what it is about at all, it just means I would date a man or woman and could fall in love with either if they were the right person. It does not mean that I want anything to do with both at the same time. maybe that's the stuff I should be saying back lol I am just somewhat non confrontational so I usually back off and do the 'well you are allowed to think what you want' thing

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with being transgendered or bisexual for instance for most people is they find it indecisive, and that troubles some. I find it to be "if they are gay at least you know where they stand" viewpoint applies.

Unfair, but how it is sometimes.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I obviously don't have this specific problem since I'm just boring-ly gay, but whenever somebody starts explaining what they think "all (some group of alternate sexuality) are like", especially if they're not IN that group, I just say "Yeah, I'm guessing they know more about their sexuality than I do, since, y'know, they ARE that sexuality and I'm not."

Lex

7. KWDBM

As someone who can't help thrusting herself into every debate she has an opinion on, that is totally correct. It doesn't matter how totally out-there the comment/assumption is, and how completely calm and logical your response is, if they don't wanna hear it they won't.

It's definitely frustrating, but the simple truth is that many people were introduced to the concept of bisexuality wrong. Instead of an individual who might be attracted to men or women, somehow the word is portrayed as basically "sluts with more playing field" (something a friend said). People think that because the bisexual "can" be with both genders, they will. A lot.
    Strangely, I've seen discrimination go the other way, too. An out bisexual who'd been single for awhile, and wasn't sleeping around, got told off because they have waaay more possibilities then most people, why aren't they grabbing up those chances? *shakes head* I don't even know.

8. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've heard alot if comments like bisexuals are confused greedy sluty and that's one reason I fear coming out because people can be so judgmental of being bisexual and I hate it when I tell a guy I'm bisexual and he says so you wanna have a threesome I'm like no I like to be with a boy or girl not a boy and girl!!!

9. Dre

Dre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes I completely understand. Even though I'm self identifying as Gay at the moment, in all honesty I actually am bisexual, but there's a lot of bullshit in the gay world about being bi- and since im trying to just date guys exclusively for a while- I decided to pick up the gay label. My point is my sexuality is in flux, I am genuinely aroused by both genders in different ways and sometimes equally and other times more into guys than girls and vice versa. Right now it's more into guys something I haven't really explored- in many ways having a fluid sexuality is harder than not ( Herero or homo).

10. Daydream Harp

I have avoided this mostly myself, but if it happened I would probably tell them to "fuck off and stop watching Fox News as a legit source on stuff" (I am kinda rude when I get angry, so probably not a good thing to do if you don't want any conflicts).

11. PurpleGrey

People are typically unable to comprehend bisexuality, so they tend to assume nasty things. My mom, who tends to think she knows better than me on subjects she doesn't even know anything about, insists that bisexual men will just stick it in anything. It's hard for her to accept that I'm in the LGBT community and she is not, thus I know better than her. I like to kindly remind people that they cannot argue their opinions when they don't know what they are talking about.