1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by flymetothemoon, Jan 20, 2014.

1. flymetothemoon

So 5 months ago I got married. My friend was in the wedding, one of my bridesmaids. I met her boyfriend at the time, and she told me during the weekend that she thought he was going to propose soon. She also told me when he did, I was going to be in the wedding. Well, he did propose and now they've been engaged and wedding planning for about a month. They've set a date, had an engagement party, and asked everyone they want to be in the bridal party. Guess who they didn't ask? Yeah me. Not only that, but I wasn't even invited to the engagement party. How does someone go from you're going to be in my wedding to you're not even invited to my engagement party in just a few months? I'm feeling hurt and angry with her. I get that wedding planning is hard, and that things change, but really?

2. apostrophied

Awww that sucks!! Did anything happen between you two between the time she told you you were going to be in the party and now?

Sorry it had to go this way for you... :frowning2:

3. flymetothemoon

No, nothing happened. That's why I'm so frustrated. She apparently wants her wedding party getting together every month and hanging out and buying her presents all the time, so mostly it feels like I got skipped over because although I'm close enough to her to hang out all the time, I wouldn't have had enough money to buy her presents all the time. I would have been able to figure out the primary costs of being in the wedding and the bachelorette party and such, but maybe not been able to get her a gift every time we hung out, and it feels like I got skipped over for that.