1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PE-Teacher

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 19drummer88, Jan 22, 2014.

1. 19drummer88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey all,

ok, i came out pretty late in life (at 26) and I study to become a teacher for sports (amongst others). Now, after i' ve accepted that I am gay I'm afraid that I'll have some problems (e.g. with parents) later when working as a sports/pe-teacher just because of me being gay.

Does anyone of you have a similar job or any experience? Did anyone of you have a (openly) gay pe-teacher?

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have to declare you are gay? Do you have to tell them your are straight?
    Schools operate under a no discrimination clause and I think it is illegal to ask in an interview. However I don't know the laws in Germany, which is where it seems to indicate you are from.

Also I've had openly gay and lesbian teachers in high school and college. Probably in middle school but I was too naive to notice then.

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't worry about it. Who you're attracted to is your business. You don't have to announce to anyone that you're gay, if they ask you then it's up to you how you answer the question. You. Could simply say I don't want to talk about my relationships at work.

#3 mobrien1993, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure my PE teacher last year was a lesbian, at least that's what everyone says. I've even heard some people say they have met her partner. Other than some of the students being kind of rude to her behind her back (and since they're in high school, that happens all the time, no matter what teacher), she never has any problems with the school that I know of.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh snap...

My health and PE teacher was a straight out butch lesbian. How did I forget that?

6. apostrophied

Straight out butch, huh? Lol sorry, I couldn't help myself. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. 19drummer88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course I dont have to declare that I am gay and I had had gay teacher's when I was in school aswell. But those were French or German teacher's and u knew it once they talked to you. I'm not gay acting and I dont look gay. But I wont hide it or deny it when someone asks. So, I basically was just afraid that as a male PE-teacher u could get some Problems when it comes to narrow minded parents or something similar.

anyway, ever since I came out (whenever I'm not doing good) I see potential problems I could have anywhere...maybe that's still a part of me accepting being gay or trying to cope with it

8. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I don't think it'll be a problem, I slept with my PE teacher cause I didn't want to ruin my gpa, I doubt you could be any worse than him. I'm bad at sports with balls.

9. burg

lol that was funny as shit.:roflmao::roflmao:

10. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Nothing gets between me and an A.

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry if I offended. I'm just so oblivious I'm surprised I missed it when posting before.

Also the fact she referred to her partner was another give away now I think on it.