1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I recieved some Bad News today

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by willycubed28, Jan 22, 2014.

1. willycubed28

Just like the title said I received some bad news today, and it is hitting me like a ton of bricks. To give you some insight on how serious my situation is let me tell you just a little bit of the history of what is going on. My dad developed a cyst on his spine about 11 years ago. The surgeon told him that he could do surgery but there would be a 50 percent chance that he wouldn't make it, or be in a coma, or he would make a recovery. Well he made it through the surgery and recovered. They didn't take the cyst out because of the location of it, but what they had to do was put three tubes through his spine to help with the cyst. Well he is coming up on his 11 year anniversary of it and he is suppose to have some maintenance surgery on it. Come to find out it is not maintenance surgery anymore. They found that the cyst divided into three pieces on his spine. The result without surgery will leave him paralyzed. With the surgery though he now has a greater chance of not making it. The doctors are not sure if he can withstand surgery. My dad on the other hand said that he is going to choose to die if he ends up paralyzed.

I also received other news from my step-mother that she is divorcing my dad because when he found out all of this he began cheating on her, and she found texts on his phone. I feel like I can't think or breathe. I also found out that my grandfather was given a year or less to live from his doctors. That is my dad's father. This is too much to handle in one day. I just don't know what to do. I am at a loss.

2. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

(*hug*) I am so so sorry. What an awful day. I know there is nothing we can do except let you know we are here for you.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hope your dad will be ok I'm sorry you and your dad have to go through this (*hug*)

4. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    and here I thought my week was horrible.. look at you :frowning2:
    Take a biiiig hug from me :slight_smile:
    *hug*

5. jvn95

Oh geez I am sorry.

Go get some Ice cream and watch a movie.

Take everything one step at a time. We all are here to help and give feedback.

-Hugs and love

6. willycubed28

Thank you for the support. I am definitely going to need it because this is going to be rough

7. apostrophied

This is so horrible, I am speechless. I will pray for you and your dad. *hugs*

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im sorry you've had all these awful things coming in every direction I know it's been a real shit day but u just have to think on the positive side yes he is getting a divorce but alot of people do and with your dad there is still a chance he'll survive also with your grandpa those are just the doctors prediction u never know they're not always right did u know my grandpa was sentenced 1 year just like yours but he still ended up living for 6 more years i hope the best for u and that you'll be on to bigger and better things. (*hug*)

9. willycubed28

One of the many things that concerns me is this is going to be his fifth failed marriage. It is not like he has been married twice or even three times. And then the other thing is my dad wants to die. He doesn't want to live any more. He said that to me, and to my step-mother, and he doesn't even know that she is divorcing him.

10. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm so sorry! I hate when I get a ton of bad news in a single day. What an awful thing to deal with!

11. KiddlesP

If you ever want a random person to yell or scream at and vent or be heard, you can send me a message.

12. willycubed28

Thank you Dragon. That means a lot to me.

13. KiddlesP

Any time man. Literally :slight_smile:

14. Jwis

That sucks, I'll be sending positive vibes your way. (*hug*)