1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings for 2?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Dia, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Dia

Dia

Hi everyone! This is my first thread, so it is kind of a tough situation...

So, for the past year I had this huge crush ( love maybe?) on a close friend of mine that I can't seem to get over. But I manage with that pretty well. The thing is for the past few weeks I've been noticing that I act very weird around a guy from school. He and I laugh all the time during classes, he smiles at me sometimes, he pokes me and he just teases me a lot! When we are out for recess he always talks with me and compared to the other girls in class (we are 4, one of them is my crush, cause it's an assistant school really ) he speaks to me more .. I think I might like him.. However, that doesn't change the way that I feel for her... :confused:

Anyway, a week ago I found out that the guy is into a classmate of mine, whom I happen to sit together with... So I thought he was looking towards me because of her :icon_sad:... Yesterday, he was looking at me again during classes, no matter how hard I tried to not get in the way... He doesn't talk to her much, so I can't see if he actually likes her... I guess he feels very awkward around her. Though every time the class is together he talks a lot even if she's with us..This is so confusing!!! I think I'm picking up some signs that he might like me a little, but he also really wants to go out as a class just because she will be there....:eusa_doh: :bang:

Things get even worse! I have many reasons to believe that my crush is also into him, which is EVEN more confusing! I can't really talk to her about that, cause then I feel like I'm making her feel unhappy... And even the thought of that makes me depressed... :eusa_doh: :confused: :tears:

So my questions are:

1.Have you ever liked two people at once? And of different gender?

2. Is there any chance that he likes me back or is he just being social and I'm just seeing stuff?

3. What do I do with the situation?
    :help:

Sorry for the huge thread. Your replies would be deeply appreciated. :icon_bigg

2. MarvinMinsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Damned if I know.

1. Yes. Yes.
    2. Yup. Always a chance.
    3. Damned if I know.

Look. Things have changed in the (oh my god I'm old) 25+ years since I was your age. Here's my advice: Self-Confidance is the greatest attractor of people on the planet. Guess what? Everyone else is insecure as well. Just as much as you. Just like YOU want someone to just come up to you and take a stand, hold your hand and say, "Hey. I really like you. Lets be serious." They want that TOO.

Here's also a surprise about guys. They have it beaten into them to keep their emotions under wraps from birth. As such, they really don't express things well. Stop trying to "figure it out". Most guys your age are emotional cripples anyways. Society does that to them.

Me? I'd try just asking him and saying, "Hey, do you like me?" He'll hem and haw. Most likely not answer you then ask you if you like him. You say, "Sure. But I like guys who give me straight answers better. Thanks. Was just curious." Then walk away. If he stops you to keep the conversation going, try a look of bemusement/smirk. Never let him see you sweat. No lowering your gaze. No looking up at him through eyelashes. Square shoulders. Confidant. Listen to him, but unless he blurts out, "I love you, or You disgust me." just say, "Was getting mixed signals. I'm still getting mixed signals. Just Wanted to know, that's all. Thanks." and walk away.

We run away from that which chases. We chase that which runs away. If he's interested, his signals will become clear. If he's not, they will stop.

Of course this is a problem solving solution, does little for your emotional state.. but that's me. Problem solver.

3. fortheloveoflez

MarvinMinsky, you have some awesome advice there....just sayin!

4. Dia

Dia

Thanks sooo much for the advice! You really seem to know these things...
    I'll try be more confident and probably ask him some questions about it.... Thanks a lot!!