1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

inappropriate jokes

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NotSureWhatIam, Jan 22, 2014.

1. NotSureWhatIam

So I'm only out to three people in my life, I'm still not ready to be 100% open because I don't want people to change their opinion based on something that's really not significant. But recently my boss has been making joke about me being in a relationship with my best friend. This bothers me for two reasons, one I don't understand why it would be a joke if we were, and two he's like a brother to me so that's completely out of the question. I want to tell him to stop but I don't want to come out to him, and I also don't want to seem like I just have no sense of humor. Any advice on this sort of thing?

2. Foster

I'm sure he means no harm. Me and my friends joke about that all the time. However, if it bothers you, just tell him.

3. Jwis

While I don't know him, I would also think that he means no harm.

If it really bothers you - you will just have to flat out tell him that you don't find that funny. Or play along with it and turn the joke around on him say something like "Yeah, you must be jeleous"