1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rejected because of looks

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cigsmoker, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, this is really embarrassing for me but I would like to ask your opinion on this.

I have casually dated a guy recently and he dumped me because he doesn't like my looks. And to rebel [out of anger, to be honest], I tried to hook up with some guys in my area but they rejected me as well. And I know its because of my looks.

Have you ever had the same experience? Or maybe its just me.

I know this is a silly thread but one rejection after another can take a toll on one's confidence. I always try to be as physically presentable as possible and I also try to be nice and sweet as I can so I'm not exactly sure what I am doing wrong. :confused:

2. willycubed28

Okay, you want the truth? The truth is you need to find your self worth within yourself. Do not find it any other people, because truth be told not everyone is going to be attracted to you, just like not everyone is going to be attracted to me. You know what though that is okay. I know it hurts, believe me I know. Find your self worth though and believe me you will be more happy in that.

3. PurpleGrey

Physical attraction is a factor in nonplatonic relationships, but that guy shouldn't have led you on like that.

In any case, I had a quick look at your pics, and coming from a bi chick, rest assured you are a catch. Keep on looking, you'll find a guy who finds you irresistible. :slight_smile:

4. Mysz

I think you're pretty good-looking :wink: It's a matter of searching. Expand the area you're willing to date within, and remember to look in a mirror with a smile. You could try being more flirty if so far you've only gone down the nice+sweet aisle, since it's always a fun change.

5. setnyx

what are they BLIND! musr be. i'm a straight guy /female body, and think you are attractive. you might want to ease up on the sweet thing though.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude I told you already in another thread I'm not into guys but you are handsome as hell. If it's based on looks alone then those guys you went out with are pretty much blind.

Also don't look for shallow jerks they won't make you happy.

7. Xochipilli

Aww, Cigsmoker. I don't think you're doing anything wrong as far as how you present yourself. If it's any consolation, I happen to think you're a good looking guy.

After creeping on your picture album I can say that I like your style, your hairline is cool, and you have really nice skin (I wish I was as blemish free). :slight_smile:

I can't offer much advice on rejection and relationships, as I have zero relationship/hookup experience, but try not to let that guy get to you like that.

Easier said than done, right? *sigh*

8. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have got to be kidding me! Anyone who rejected you because of your looks must be a damn fool! They weren't good enough anyway!

9. Nikky DoUrden

If they reject u based on your look, they either lie (i think u look great!), or you're not their taste which is ok, different people have different taste right?
    In addition, if someone reject u based on LOOK alone, u dont really want to be with him right? :slight_smile:

10. Mzansi

Looks are the most shallow of reasons to break something off,
    So if they chose that as their main reasoning,
    You've been saved from someone who clearly isn't going to be your intellectual equal!

Someone is going to find you attractive,
    Just like someone is going to find you ugly,
    Such is the "Human Condition" in relation to how we percieve others looks :slight_smile:

Just fine that "Right" one xD

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If your not attracted to some one you shouldn't be dating them in the first place why lead people on . I only date people i'm attracted too because I wouldn't want to hurt someone this way or do something so stupid like dump them because I didn't find them attractive . :rolle:
    and your not bad looking if that is your picture

12. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a lesbian and I think you're perfectly good-looking.

13. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys, I just read all your responses and most of you are right. Okay...ALL of you are right. Thank you for the words of encouragement and advise. I deeply appreciate it.

Yes, we cannot please everybody and I cannot make someone be physically attracted to me. Beauty is indeed subjective and this is such a cliché statement but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As an artist, I can understand physical attraction and what goes around it. I guess I just got a bit overwhelmed after 3 back-to-back rejections because the guys didn't like the way I look. But don't worry, I am a strong gay guy [LOL] and I am trying my best to move forward from those incidents.

And a massive thank you for the compliment. I used to be so insecure with my looks [especially during my teen years] but as I get older, I am getting more and more comfortable in my own skin. I am somewhat tall, tanned and skinny gay guy and in the world of gym-buffs, I kind of stand out and I have learned to accept that as a good thing. Its kind of my own little unique selling proposition now. Lol. I'm kidding.

Hugs for everybody!

Cheers!
    [Cigsmoker]

14. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Mysz, I deeply appreciate the sweet words of encouragement. Though, I have to be honest, I have no clue on how to be more flirty. I feel like I don't have the goods to back up the gesture. I think its a gift that some people don't innately possess. Haha.

15. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ur cute i would date u if u were str8 lol

16. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha that made me smile. Thanks, dear! I appreciate it. (*hug*)

17. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no prob honey :slight_smile:

18. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  19. ChainsrGone

Along the lines of what willycubed28 was saying, many people aren't just attracted to you according to your looks. It goes along the lines of how you feel about yourself. How you perceive yourself can be seen in your gestures, things you say, things you do. If you don't feel attractive, it will show.

I am not saying this is 100% the case, but it is a possibility. It could also just be that you haven't found the right person. When I met my fiancee, we met online and had no clue what the other looked like until about 2 months after talking. We got to know each other through our personalities, the physical attraction was there once we knew what we looked like, but the first attraction was the inside, not the outside, if that makes sense. It's going to be a hit or miss. You just keep trying until the right one comes along!

And as a side note, I think you are a pretty good looking guy.

20. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi ChainrGone! You are right. I just need to be really comfortable with my own skin first before an attraction with another person takes place. I'm not saying that I have low self-esteem or anything but sometimes insecurities creep in when I meet someone. But it is something I am working on already [both physically and mentally] and hopefully everything will work out for me in the end.

Thank you so much! (*hug*)

Cheers!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]