1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always feeling Inferior!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ryyyyy, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Ryyyyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm just going to cut to chase here.......I just wish I was different tbh! :angry:

All throughout my life, I've always been different, I was picked on in school, pretty much I was hated by the entire school! I wasn't very popular! I had no friends at all! These's are the things which I don't like:-

1) I'm single! Why is it that everyone around me gay or straight is in a relationship? I just drives me mad and I feel so jealous! I probably know what the reason for that is! I'm dog s*it ugly! That's the reason! It's always the good looking people who get in relationships! I just can't ever see myself in a relationship tbh! It's pretty obvious that no one sees anything in me!

2) I've got no proper friends which I've grown up with! In school I was pretty much hated by everyone! I was very quiet! I was very well behaved in school I was! Mostly the people who picked on me, where the types who were loud and in your face! Part of me just wishes that I had been more loud and in your face maybe I would have gotten along better!

3) I've got no talents! Seriously now! I've got none! I'm crap at sports! Most dad's encourage their children to do sports! but mine didn't! Probably because he was a sporty person, he played a lot of football (soccer) during his youth so he probably didn't want me to give him a bad name, which is why he never encouraged me! As in he never took me training for the local football team! I'm in college atm, doing an IT (computers) course, I've come up from Level 1 onto Level 2 this year! But obviously that isn't a cool talent because all normal boys are sporty!

4) I constantly feel inferior to other people! I always wish that I could have their lives which are successful! Take this boy who I was in school with for example, he was very good at football, he got scouted and now plays for a professional football club! He was good looking, popular, had loads of friends, basically I would love to have his life! :tears:

I just don't know what to do tbh! I always feel inferior to other people! :tears:

#1 Ryyyyy, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all stop bringing yourself down.

Second before I make comments I want to hear you tell me 3 positive things about yourself because I know there are.

I'll wait.

3. Ryyyyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1) I'm quite good at computers!
    2) I'm a good listener!
    3) If I ever had a job I'd give it 110%!

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There. That wasn't hard.

Listeners are something people want in relationships. Some people can't do that well.

Computers and IT are always in demand.

And dedication will get you far. I commit to my job 110% as well and I am very well liked and respected. People love team players as well and that sounds like you.

Relationships do take work and sometimes luck. I'm lucky now but to maintain my relationship is taking work. Don't try to force a relationship. They often come naturally in my case. But then again I'm not proactive so I don't know if I can give the best advice here.

Lastly do something that increases confidence. Dress nicer. Do martial arts (being aware you can physically protect the ones you love is an amazing feeling).

Don't pity yourself go out and improve your self. You came up with 3 things positive I bet you have more.

5. See, you already found 3 positive things about yourself! It's hard to add anything from what Kasey said but don't be so hard on yourself. What you lack is self confidence thus bringing down your self esteem.

You easily found 3 positive things about yourself, I'm sure there's many more where that came from. :slight_smile:

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advisor in my 2nd masters saw me in a super depressive state and made me try the 3 positive things technique. It helped me get through that night. And I kept thinking about and it made me feel better. The fact you came up with 3 things so fast tells me you are not nearly as depressed as you think you sound. You do have positive qualities you just forget them. Don't do that.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm in the same boat as you can't get a girlfriend and I 'm jealous of anyone that has a girlfriend or straight couples .
    But i think your being too hard on yourself a lot of lgbt people have trouble finding mates even straight people do sometimes .

8. Ryyyyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I could really do with someone to talk to right now! :'(

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can talk to us.

Lot of good listeners.

10. chivalrous

Now im envious!!! Good listeners in this day and age are hard to find in my opinion! :grin:
    Im very talkative/Dominate in a conversation so me finding a good listener is always very difficult !!!

As for IT, im also good at IT and it will generally get you far in a conversation since theres so much surrounding it like games, consoles talking about pc specs and talking about browsers and how much internet explorer sucks and why people still use it! Haha :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin:!!

Also putting in 110% into work or job shows resolution and willpower so good on you!! i generally lack that 110% on a monday and friday.. my work power is generally at a 85-90% versus 110% so once again i envy you :wink:

As for the relationships! i know right!! i feel you! :O everyone around me is in a relationship :lol: where do they meet up!! seriously!! if it is a local coffee club place then i want to know about it! hahaha :lol:

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok well first of a your not dog shit ugly. Second of all so what if your not good at sports ive never gotten a trophie no metals no rewards none of that my whole life. Dont compare yourself to other people because its just not worth it. And there actually is alot of us that are still single i am. I don't like that. I just think about my future and that awesome guy who will be the reason y ill get out of bed every single day. Your a good listener become a therapist that's a simple job and u can make good money. Also with the couples thing i know that feeling. But then I just think hey that's gonna be me one day. That's what you have to just put in your mind when u see people kissing because I know one day your night and shining armor will come pick u up on his horse and ride off into the night. So just hang i there. I get it i feel inferior too. Like oh man i know they're not gonna let me hang out with then because there too cool because im not good enough. Those people my friend are not the people to be talking to. I just hope you'll be ok and your future turns out the way you want it to I hope my words of wisdom made u feel better. Good luck to you buddy (*hug*)

12. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there,

I have the same thread about myself and my inferiority complex so I know where you're coming from on this. I just got rejected by 3 guys back-to-back and it felt like hell. It was a huge blow [no pun intended] on my confidence.

I took a quick peek at your photos and I have to say, you ARE NOT ugly. You're really not. Its the lack of confidence that is making you less attractive to the same [and opposite] sex. Trust me, I know this from experience.

Its hard to be the third or fifth wheel sometimes when you are with your friends. Everyone around me is in a serious relationship as well and sometimes it makes me feel like something if wrong with me and it can be depressing at times. Yes, being in a relationship or seriously dating someone is an awesome thing but there's an upside to being single as well. Maybe you should take this time out to learn a new skill or travel or make yourself look/feel better so when a guy eventually comes along, you will be a brand new fabulous you!

And now that you have listed down 3 of your best qualities...list down 3-5 things that you like about your looks. It will help your realize that you don't look as bad as you think you look.

Cheer up! (*hug*)
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

13. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Don't feel so bad like I'm sure lots of people hated me behind my back in high school but that was probably because I was like dead set mean and I use to treat my friends as pawns and guys as a way to become more popular also with the talent thing don't worry about that so much since a lot of people are just average.

14. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Hi mate. You sound a lot like me when I was growing up at school. I had like 2 friends (not seen them in years) and I was picked on quite a lot. I was very shy and I remember sitting in a lot of classes feeling scared to even speak in case someone would pick on me. School is a bad time for many people and now school is over for you. Iv found that after school people are always treated much better. Being quiet and well behaved are good traits to have, it shows you are easy to work with and a good listener/learner.

Iv been single my whole life but I dont care. People seem to think that being in a relationship brings them happiness, well it doesn't. Also you're not ugly, thats a wrong and negative thought. Iv seen your photos. Focus on yourself before a relationship, confidence is what attracts people not looks.

Of course IT is a talent, there are tons of jobs out there in that area. You can go to uni if you continue down that route and trust me, uni will change you for the better. You look really young in your pics and its never too late to get into playing football. Iv never played for a team but now I play 6 a side every week (no team just a friendly sort of thing) and yes I am awful haha but I enjoy it which is what its all about.

Never compare yourself to anyone, you never know what they are actually going through. Its also impossible to be someone else so what's the point in feeling inferior or jealous? This guy at your school who was good at football, I bet he wished he was ronaldo or something and in that way I bet he feels similar to how you feel about him.

My advice to you is for you to change your negative thinking. You had a rough time at school and now that is over, the past is the past. Look at your present and future. Start exercising/working out, it will make you feel better. As others have said, focus on your positives (good at IT, well behaved, hard worker, good listener, Cardiff city fan haha). Its not easy to change your negative thinking but you sound like a hard worker so its definitely achievable. Focus on a hobby or gain a new one by experimenting with new ideas. Once you starting gaining confidence people will notice you more and will like you.

Good luck mate and feel free to message me :slight_smile:.

15. finlandwrc

Hey no need to feel inferior everyone is great and brilliant in there own way it might just take time to find out what in.

16. leer

You've already listed 3 things your good at Ryyyyy you just need to be a bit more confident about yourself . thank you for the friend request BTW :slight_smile:. I did look at some other stuff you mentioned ''I know am a nosy bugger '' anyway I to used to stammer maybe not as much as yourself but it was enough to get me down one way I coped was writing stuff down .

17. UK_guy

Hey just read your thread, I'm single too and I think I'm older than you too. You are not dog s**t ugly at all have you looked on Google for any LGBT groups near to you with the same intetests? I'm sure you will find what you want :slight_smile:

Being good at IT is a great thing, pretty much all employers need people good at IT.

Not everyone is great at the same thing if we did it would be a boring world, you just need to have more confidence in how good you are at things like IT:thumbsup: