1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up all night, worrying about my best friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by A Real Male, Jan 26, 2014.

1. A Real Male

Hello all,

I just need a place to pour my soul out to. I have not seen my best friend (practically my brother) in awhile and the last I've spoken to him, he was not in the best of shape mentally. He has had a history of suicide attempts that has left him hospitalized, and I'm up all night, nightly worried about him. I'm not sure if he has done it. He is also a transman and resides in New Zealand. After he has found out that John Key has cut FtM transitioning spending literally a month after he found out he could transition for nothing, he has been deteriorating quickly.

I know I'm a very anxious human being, but with all the personal information/history and the time I've known him (seven years), I honestly think these two weeks of just sudden disappearance is unsettling. No one has heard from him, he just sorta left and he has never done that. His skype DP also shows a POV picture of someone drowning and looking upwards into the sky, with his skype info all blanked out.

I really hope I'm overreacting but I'm panicking and I feel awful for not keeping in touch. The last time I saw him is when I was taking a flight back to Colorado (transfers involved, the entire day was just traveling).

:bang::bang::bang: Sorry if I seem like I'm overreacting though. It's just extremely unsettling. Not even his close cousins know anything.

/vent...

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't apologise for that...bloody hell! I hope he's OK and that you're OK...I'm really not sure there is anything else I can add to that...(*hug*)

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there i know what you're going through 3 months ago a really close friend of mine tried killing herself with sleeping pills. I was able to stop her with the police because I was the only person that knew what she was going to do and when u said he's like a brother well she is like a sister to me. Also with that nasty ass picture of someone drowning on his Skype ya i would be a little bit cautious over that too I don't think your over reacting your worried about him he's like your brother i know what you're goin through I really hope he's ok so your okay (*hug*)

4. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I personally think its okay for you to overreact because it means that you are extremely worried about him considering what he has gone through lately.

Have you tried getting in touch with his friends and family or even his neighbors? Maybe one or two know where he is and what he is doing.

Its comforting to know that there is someone in his life who cares enough to be this worried. At least someone is thinking about him and his well-being. You are a great and supportive friend and I really hope he is okay.

Keep us posted for any updates if there is any.

Stay strong and calm.

Cheers!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]