1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intense Anxiety

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gengars, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, recently, my anxiety has been acting up lately. Now first of, I may or may not have anxiety, but I'm just not sure. I joined EC for advice and to help me get through this still fairly new part of my life. However, anxiety is keeping me from that.

I wanted to be able to relate to people and make friends, but I just can't seem to say or do anything. It seems like (ironically enough) the only thing I have in common with most people is my sexual orientation.

I'm also a lot younger than most people, which greatly intimidates me, for the fear that I'll say something stupid and others will judge me. I know I can simply hide my age, but I just want people to know that despite my age, I can be mature.

What I'm trying to say is, I still feel alone. I feel as if I don't fit in even here. I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here or on EC in general, so I apologize in advance.

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I think the fear is the cause of the continued feeling of isolation, sorry if that sounds bad but don't worry I totally get that feeling also don't worry about sounding stupid the people here really don't judge like a lot of the time I sound sound a total bimbo. If you want we can talk whenever you want, kay?

3. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @RainbowRally: I guess I do feel kinda cut off from everyone else. Plus, people generally tell me that I overthink things. I joined kinda thinking, "Oh boy! There's gotta be a lot of people I have in common with." Funny how that turned out. Gee, I just honestly don't know what else to say. I guess I'm just no-good at talking to people. Sorry for being such a downer, and thanks for the encouragement.

4. Beantown

Beantown Guest

ahaha don't worry it's totally fine, you're you and that's totally fine cause that's all you should be. Usually posting around you'll talk to someone who you have in common with, at least that's what I've done.

5. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like a lot of this is true about me too. That's something we have in common, and the age difference is irrelevant.

6. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @RainbowRally: Thank you! I guess now it's just a matter of shaking off my nerves!

@biwinning: Guess so huh? Whelp, it's nice to see I'm not alone!

7. Pete1970

I think most people here have some level of anxiety

Dont feel like you are saying something stupid here, it is a place to get out your feelings and try to figure stuff out. When i look back at tuff ive asked it sounds stupid to me but no one here ever judged me for it.

I have trouble making friends and relating to people too, but coming here has been a start for me to turn that around

8. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that my main problem is that I think too much about how people will react. I guess there are times to think about others, and times to think about yourself I suppose.

9. Beantown

Beantown Guest

That's not a bad thing since that would allow you to put yourself into the best position as it's thought out. I think that's rather a gift to think first, since you won't have to deal with consequences of those who don't think before acting. Though the only problem I find is when I do it since I'm like the same is things seem very artificial and things aren't organic but for people who act first things are probably way more spontaneous.

10. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Huh, ya know, I've never thought of it like that before... I guess I just need to be myself and not over analyze things.

11. Beantown

Beantown Guest

You seem fine so don't worry about it, I'm sure a lot of people would want to be your friend.

12. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it's more a matter of talking to and meeting new people over time. Well, I definitely feel better now and think that this thread has served it's purpose. Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!