1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is gay normal?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by finlandwrc, Jan 27, 2014.

1. finlandwrc

You know the case a homophobic guy/girl says gay is innormal if that's a word if it isn't I'm making it one. anyway Of course gay is normal there is no pre-determined normal for sexuality so everything is normal and innormal at the same time so to all people that say gay is innormal :***: you :grin:

2. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing is...if you look hard enough...everybody has something about them that others consider "non-normal" or "weird". So really nobody's "normal". Of course being gay is "normal" because "normal" doesn't exist.

3. finlandwrc

exactly makes more sense than what I said so :slight_smile:

4. ChainsrGone

Quotation-Simone-Elkeles-beginning-human-Meetville-Quotes-170502.jpg

I've never added a picture so hopefully this works...lol

#4 ChainsrGone, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well.... I think it's becoming more accepted in our generation. Which is awesome :grin:

6. MarvinMinsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Define Normal:

The statistical Base line. The center of the bell curve where at least 50% of the population lies. In that case, being as Gay is 10%-ish of the population, then... no.

However, I think your question should be, is being abnormal Bad?

There is a disease, it is called sickle cell anemia. It's quite deadly and drastically decreases the life expectancy of anyone who gets it. However, you have to have both parents carry the trait and give it to you. If only one parent has the gene and you gain it as a recessive trait, then you have enhanced immunity to a number of diseases, such a malaria.

Natural Selection is a weird thing. It doesn't give a crap. What is useful in the past, will kill someone in the modern world. Take for example our evolved desire for fat and salt. It's killing us. 20,000 years ago, it kept us alive.

You never know when the winds will shift. Humanities' greatest strength is the ability to adapt. That means you need "abnormal". You need people on the fringes. For example:

There are tens of thousands of Americans who are "Preppers". They have prepped for the end of the world. Now, if the world comes to an end, they will have an advantage over the rest of us. If it doesn't come to an end, they will have wasted time, money, and resources on a fool's errand.

But from the point of view of the species, it's good to hedge our bets. What's a hundred thousand humans when we got 350 million Americans? We got humans living in jungles. We got humans living in ice. We got all sorts of humans do all sorts of crazy things.

Homosexuality and all forms of "abnormal" sexuality are a good thing. It's good to hedge our bets. We should tolerate diversity because for all we know, there might a heterosexual killing virus out there. Or it might be simpler, such as if we are intolerant, we might discourage someone who is smart enough to cure cancer, to instead become socially misanthropic.

So, is Gay normal? No. Is Gay bad? No. It just is. Like The sky being blue, and water being wet, it simply is a property that certain people have.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's unusual, but not at all beyond expectation. So yes, normal as it can be.

8. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It shouldn't be considered innormal because about 1 in 20 people is an lgbt (or so i heard), so they're pretty much everywhere.

9. PurpleGrey

On that note, MarvinMinsky, it could very well be that homosexuality is God's way of cutting down on population, providing homes for unwanted children, and all sorts of things same-sex couples do that benefit society.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's normal for ME. That's all I care about.

...no, wait, I'm also happy it's normal for other guys so I have guys I can date. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. katwat

By the time my husband and I met we were both pretty used to not being considered "normal" by our family and society in general. I mean he had been the first person interviewed at his school when a local cemetery had been vandalized and people suggested satanism was involved. Why did they pull him in? Because he wore black clothes, leather, pierced his hears multiple times, wore strange jewelry, and had funky hair. Was he a satanist? No. Was he a vandal? No. Was he a criminal in any way? Well, he didn't always park in legitimate parking spots but other than that...

When we decided to have a kid we laughed about the fact that there was no way in hell that we would ever be able to raise a "normal" kid. We decided to instead try for a decent human being that was loved and respected for who they were. Also to have a lot of fun and raise a person we would enjoy hanging out with 24/7 for a whole lot of years.

We have a saying in our house "who would want to be normal - normal is dead boring."

12. girlinquestion

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's all about definition. Normal is anything you want.
    To me it is. I don't see anything abnormal about loving someone who is the same sex as you and it honeslty is mind boggling to me how people think that it even matters.
    But even if you don't think it is normal, like other people say, going against the norm isn't bad.
    Don't worry and be happy! =D

13. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Personally, I don't think it's the 'normal' thing for people to be doing. But, it certainly isn't a bad thing. You are simply born that way. Even though some people claim they were 'changed', it is certainly not as easy as waking up one day and having your sexual orientation completely changed. The important thing is what YOU feel about your orientation. If you feel like it's normal, then be proud to be who you are!

btw, the word is "abnormal" not "innormal". (Sorry, I'm a bit of a grammar nazi)