1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Normal?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ashleyghall15, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Is it normal to feel this alone when you find out your sexuality? I feel so far away and conflicted with my friends and family, because what if they think of me differently? What if our whole relationship goes down the drain? I feel as if nobody understands my situation, which I know isn't true, but I have nobody that I can rely on with this type of thing. So...is this normal???

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a sense, you ARE removed from your circle. If you're not out to them, you're grappling with something that they have no idea about, which can feel isolating. And after you tell some people, there often is a period of adjustment. This isn't the relationship falling apart - it's the relationship trying to find a new plane to operate on. Let it. Thank them for sticking by you, offer to answer any questions (even the stupid ones), and eventually most people come around.

Lex

3. MarvinMinsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes.
    They will think of you differently. Positively or Negatively is what remains to be seen.
    Many relationships don't work out. Many do work out. It's a risk.
    Yes.

4. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi ashleyghail15! I think its normal to feel alone and isolated when you are going through something like that. Heck, everyone feels alone and isolated at some points in their lives and it doesn't have to do anything with their inner-struggles about their sexuality.
    Maybe you can try telling someone you absolutely trust like a very close friend, a teacher or a guidance counselor. Then maybe just go from there. Its very cautionary for people to expect the worst but you can also hope for the best.
    I hope things will work our for you. I really do. (*hug*)

Cheer up!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

5. finlandwrc

Yes it's normal to feel but they should accept you and if they don't they're not worth your time anyway.

6. purples

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel the same way right now...i'm not sure what to do.

7. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Speaking just for myself, yes, loneliness is pretty much my constant companion and it would probably seem quite abnormal for me should that ever change. If I never contacted any of my "friends" first, I would literally practically never hear from them. Without my prompting, my phone and email have remained completely silent for solid weeks at a stretch. (Sad part is, I'm not even out to any of these people--think of how exiled I would be if I were!)