1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know what to do with my life, career wise

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sammy1, Jan 28, 2014.

1. sammy1

Ok so I wasn't sure I whether I should post my topic here or in chit chat, but anyways I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out this bullshit called 'life' I need a full time job! So I've been looking online at full time positions in my area that have somthing to do with customer service preferably because I have over three years of experience in that field so right now there is currently nothing that I can apply for, so that's a lil frustrating! I know I need to go back to school and get more education but for now I'm just looking for somthing better than what I currently have.
    how am I supposed to go back to school when I have no idea what I ultimately want to do as a career?! People tell me to just 'take some general course and upgrade' I say that's a waste of time and money because I've done that and have absolutely NOTHING to show for it! So I have to figure out what I'm really good at but I feel like there is nothing that comes easy to me in life I always have to study harder and put more effort into everything I ever do because that's the shitty part bout being born with cerebral pulsy. And even if I choose somthing that is high in demand and I do the schooling I still have to pass all the exams with a high score and if I get that far then depending on the course I would have to do another exam to become certified then if I get that far I need to hope there is a job available and if there is I'm still not guaranteed to get the job because I have to be better at everyone else applying for the job as well and I feel like I have no chance. I have such a hard time with job interviews even when I know I have the right skills and experience for the position that is the main reason why I do not get jobs that I apply for. I have friends who get decent full time jobs with decent pay just by KNOWING someone that works where they are applying! That pisses me off! Sorry if this post seems all over the place (it most likely is) thinking about a career and just finding a decent job for myself seems like an impossible goal for me but maybe if I was a 'normal' without any learning disabilities this wouldn't be such a difficult goal to reach. Thanks for reading my story and if u have any advice at all I would really appreciate it because it's really depressing being 23 and working a dead end Job where I am currently getting 12-19hrs a week!

2. katwat

Sorry I have no real advice other than hang in there. I hope that you figure it all out and find the path that works for you.

Good luck!

3. sammy1

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are your self labeled disabilities?

What career would appeal to you?

Help me help you by answering those for me.

5. What do you do in your spare time? I found that helped me a lot. In my spare time I'm interested in science, eating healthy and exercise...so I decided to study Nutrition in school.
    I think you should write down your hobbies and see if you can turn any of them into a career.

6. sammy1

I don't have hobbies that could be turned into careers. I go quading occasionally, I don't exercise because I don't plan on living a long life, in my spare time I clean the house and clean my snake cages and water my plants...fun

---------- Post added 28th Jan 2014 at 03:07 PM ----------

Well I wouldn't call them 'self labeled' disabilities but it effects my thought process, I tend to say the wrong things at the wrong time because I have a hard time saying my thoughts out loud, shit makes more sense in my head. I have problems with anger, I get discouraged very easily when somthing goes wrong. my legs and feet get sore quite easily.

I don't know what careers appeal to me, I'm good at customer service jobs but I don't enjoy it that's the only field I have experience in.