1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are some guys like this?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by platinum96, Jan 31, 2014.

1. platinum96

Today I was going through my messages and I realised how annoyed I get when older men hit on me. I just find it creepy that men that are 30 and over seem to think it's cool to hit me up even though i'm 17. Why do some older men do this? Can't they go after someone in their age range instead of messaging me out of the blue about how they want to "breed my ass" Their words not mine!

2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it is certainly wrong for a older man to be seeking out a minor but depending on how old and mature the young man looks I don't think there is anything wrong with a older man being attracted to someone 18 or even 16. It happens to everyone admit or not and I am not uncomfortable with it. The reason why older men might want to be with you is that most men their age maybe closeted or already in a committed relationship so they may seek out someone who is younger. Or they maybe closeted themselves and seeking a vulnerable young man to be intimate with and take advantage. Now in your situation it is certainly not cool for older men to lust after you like you have said they did. A simple attraction sure I would be fine with that but going as far as hitting on a minor can lead to criminal charges. Not a good situation for both involved.

If these men contact you in the future just ignore them and move on if your not interested in them. They'll back off eventually.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Damn they must be desperate sugar daddies. :lol:

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's no different than the many creepy older guys who hit on young girls. The fact is, being youthful is attractive, but it takes someone to be really desperate to focus exclusively on very young people. I think they also know that people in their age range are not interested in them.

5. Mzansi

I don't agree with it either,
    But when you're younger,
    It comes across as much more "attractive" :/

6. Nick07

Because they know that there are young people who whould never date someone their age and who are looking for someone much older.
    If you are on a dating site, simply make clear what age YOU look for.

7. platinum96

I do make it clear in my description what age range I'm looking for, and it sure ain't guys that are old enough to be my dad or grandfather. Not cool.

#7 platinum96, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  8. Clay

Youth is attractive. If you were an attractive girl on a straight site, you'd be getting the same messages.