1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mum sees im quite feminine, and someone KNOWS i am questioning~

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yosia, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Yosia

I think my mum sees that i am quite girly and she subtly makes references like we were out with her friend (i wanted to go shopping too :3 ) and her friend asked if she could come round ours but mum said no, we were having a girly night in (it was only me and mum). She also jokes around and sometimes says things like 'can i paint your nails' of course i deny but i think she knows that i am quite feminine~

Also, someone in my house knows that i am not straight as last thursday i was at school and when i got home i did my regular routine of getting my pyjamas on and going on my ipad. I then opened the browser and realised i left this website open, i thought nothing of it then i saw that last visit was at 1:07 pm at which i was still at school, but worst of all, it was on the about me page in which it says i am questioning~ i am really nervous now because im not sure who knows and if they said anything >.<

Should i just come out?

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't worry about it too much now, unless someone brings it up. It seems like your mom wouldn't care too much considering she said you were having a girly night. As far as the whole painting your nails thing, if you want them done then let her friend do it next time she asks, you could easily cover it by saying well (insert friends name here) always asks to do them and I felt bad saying no.

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

it would seem your mother, would be very accepting of your true femininity, maybe you should start coming out. try to be slow about it, ya know your mom first etc.

I love getting my nails done lol when I have to go to work (still a guy in public) I just say I was babysitting my niece and she wanted to paint them lol

4. Yosia

I meant it was mum who asks to paint nails not her friend ~

5. IG88

Your mom most definitely knows your fem. She would probably be the first person you could come out to. But, if it freaks you out to come out, then don't. It's up for you to decide when, not others.

6. Yosia

I am thinking of coming out fairly soon but i want to achieve a more feminine look before i do~.

And i really dont know what to say to people, i know some will accept/even be happy, but i am really shy >_<

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh sorry I misunderstood, it seems like she's accepting of it then, you should go for it and let her paint your nails. It seems like you and your mom are very close, this could really benefit you. Since you want to be more feminine see if she will help you pick out more girly clothes next time you go shopping, it could be something the two of you bond over.

8. girlonfire

I'm like that too. Just don't plan it out, you don't even really have to say anything. Just say something like "I'm a girl" or "I'm trans." It sounds to me like she already knows.