1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any bisexuals decide to just date the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Femme, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Femme

I'm so damn lonely. I know I could be equally as lonely in a heterosexual relationship but being in a homosexual one just adds to my loneliness.

Just about everyone knows I have a female partner. We've been living together for years. I feel that our relationship may be coming to an end and I just wonder if I should just try to go back to living the straight life if it does end. I know that I'm not straight I realize that. Though I consider myself bisexual but naturally since I've had a female partner, I haven't had sex with a man in so many years since we have been together.

I'm not out at work or in my professional circles and I'm just not going to be. That being said, I know I'm not living as authentic as I should or could. I'm still not going to come out professionally. It has consequences that I do not want in my life.

I'm wondering if I should just try to find a man and stop complicating my life more than it has to be. Life is hard enough without adding the whole lesbian thing to it. It's not like I feel so fulfilled in my lesbian relationship that it makes it all worth it.

I don't really know what I'm posting here. Just wondering if there are any bisexuals in committed heterosexual partnerships that are on this site.

2. sanguine

I have a friend who use to be on this site (she's too busy with her own life to come here) she's bi and I dont think it really counts but her last relationships were with men (they all ended pretty terribly) currently single but always and forever looking potential train wrecks.

I think its better to feel good and comfortable about yourself, if you ever were to date a guy, do it because it is genuine, and not because it conveniences you, for the sake of who ever you date, it should always be genuine.