1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disheartened.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ray20229, Feb 7, 2014.

1. ray20229

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I'm at a point in my life where I am romantically ignored and fronted with a lack of people who have any interest in me. I have wonderful friends who mean the world to me, but as they grow into their relationships, they almost have sympathy for me as to not having a significant other to share amazing moments with. Things become much more difficult as I must navigate through the world of gay dating. I would assume that it would be much easier to do so in a city that is very open and accepting, but just can't seem to pinpoint why no one expresses interest me. Maybe I need to give it time, but not even the smallest hints have been given to me for further romantic interest. I'm trying to keep my head up, but it's hard to do so when there's no sunlight coming from any direction.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sometimes takes the right person and that may take a while, even longer if you don't look yourself.

But I totally understand the 5th wheel feeling all too well. I don't have any other good advice but try to go out and meet new people even if it isn't for relationships but just friendship.

3. neari

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I'm at a point in my life where I am romantically ignored and fronted with a lack of people who have any interest in me.

I think all people feel this way when they have been single. Boys are either not of interest or not your type. Maybe even not what you are looking for right now. (all people gay or straight feel this way. its normal)

I have wonderful friends who mean the world to me,

Keep them close!

but as they grow into their relationships, they almost have sympathy for me as to not having a significant other to share amazing moments with.

Sympathy is over rated. and just as they grow into their relationships. You will form new ones for you. Maybe not romantic but in other ways.

Things become much more difficult as I must navigate through the world of gay dating. I would assume that it would be much easier to do so in a city that is very open and accepting, but just can't seem to pinpoint why no one expresses interest me.

It sounds very odd but maybe you are not giving off the right signals. Maybe you need to be brave and show your interest in getting to know someone better?

Maybe I need to give it time, but not even the smallest hints have been given to me for further romantic interest. I'm trying to keep my head up, but it's hard to do so when there's no sunlight coming from any direction.

Keep you head up. Things are always darkest before the dawn!

4. setnyx

maybe you need to be the one who shows interest. you can be the one to break the ice. also in my experience i missed the shows of interest until a friend pointed them out just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not there.

5. ray20229

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all for your kind words. They mean the world to me and only further my outlook on potential dating. I'm glad I have you all to provide me with such great insight.

6. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes... Pursuing others can be scared, but fun... When my x cheated on me, I decided to go to movies alone and even out dancing alone to feel more independent... Have you tried match, the dating site ? It's silly but a lot of people looooooove it... :slight_smile:

#6 Blondeye, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  7. neari

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do that Blondeye :slight_smile:

I think people do start to enjoy your own company more.

Ray keep it up. everyone no matter who they are sometimes struggle to find feet socially and romantic.

8. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as dating websites go, I had a pretty good experience with *******. That is to say, I met a few people off of it. You'll still go through a lot on non-responders, but I still found quite a few people looking for real, genuine relationships and not just a hookup.

9. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone