1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nostril piercing. Advice needed.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CDawson, Feb 7, 2014.

1. CDawson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok. So I am a 13 year old gay male. One of my girlfriends and I are thinking of going down to the city and getting our noses pierced. We have done some research and we are sure we want to do this. Our parents are OK with it by the way! :lol: So we are sure we want to get this done. But my dad told me that if I do it, some, as he said, "redneck cowboy" is gonna find out that I'm gay (SOMEHOW! I don't understand how they will do that. Maybe by the nose ring. Stereotypical bastards.) And that they will decide to, again quoting my father, "beat the shit out of the faggot." :/ thanks, Dad that makes me feel great. -.- And I really couldn't care less about the small chance that that could happen. We live in an area where telling someone that you are gay is like telling someone that you have brown hair. None of the 10-12 people I have told really give a shit that I'm gay. So I also need advice...
    Should I do it? And most importantly how much does it hurt on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being the most excruciating pain ever and 1 being like nothing. Also, I have a low pain tolerance so when you put it on the pain scale please take my low(ish) pain tolerance into consideration. Please answer only from your personal experience of your nose piercing please. :goodevil:

Thank you!

~Chad

2. i had it done when i was 17/18 anddd it got ripped out by my glasses so reconsider if you wear glasses and have a stud lol.

i didnt know having your nose pierced was a stereotypically gay thing, but if you want it then do it.

if you have a low pain tolerance have you had any other peiercings?
    i had my ears and i stretched them not long after i got them pierced and stretching my ears was the worst! i have high pain tolerance though. i had snakebites aswell and they didnt hurt, nor did my nose. pain wise i would say my nose was a 2/10 lip first one 2/10 sencond time 3/10, stretching my ear 8/10

but even if you cant handle pain its only for a second. the cleaning with the salt water killsss thats what i hate about piercings lol.

just realised you were asking us if you should do it. if you wanted it and were sure you wouldnt ask, you would just go for it. if youre asking youre still unsure about something usually lol. do what you want though.

3. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You shouldn't care what people think, if you want the piercing then get it. I have a few i had my nose done three times (i kept knocking the ring out in my sleep and it healed up) the pain scale depends on the piercing method i think the gun is easier because its quicker but alot of places use the needle for anything other than ears, the pain is like a sharp sting id say about a 2 out of ten but i have a high pain tolerance. The pain is mostly the day after it gets pierced can sting for a little while and will be a bit swollen so make sure you keep it clean, a little bit of gunk around the piercing is normal while it heals. Don't worry about people calling you gay for it most people don't notice nose piercing because the studs can be really small or you could get a ring instead, just be sure you like the one that gets put in first because you need to leave it for a few months to let it heal before trying different studs or rings. And good luck, the worst part of it is just waiting for it to happen but you will be fine:slight_smile:

4. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like some people with n0se piercings. I also like some tongue piercings as they can be can be pretty hot. That sounds really really challenging I'm sorry that you have to dealwith it at all! Keep us informed!!!

5. Claudette

Claudette Guest

not sure where it is you live, but here.. nose piercings aren't just for the homosexual community lol alot of males from all different cliques sport them.

as for the pain, I was thinking about getting a lip one done, but if it's any consolidation my cousin pierced his own nose with an ice pick in high school lol

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice is not to do it. I think facial piercings are gross >.< but if you really want it and your parents are okay with it, you're good to go.