1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by neari, Feb 7, 2014.

1. neari

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow.

Just sat here reading everyone's post and angst makes me think my issue is a little different.

Im 29 and live in the UK I have a very successful job. Good friends. My own home and car. Pretty much everything will strive for.

I know im not the most handsome and good looking person in the world. But I have a good head on my shoulders. Not too bad looking. And generally all round nice guy.

I think my problem is and its getting worse is that I care less and less for people. They annoy and are quite often a let down.

I don't feel depressed, or sad. But numb. A fire has gone out in me.

Like I need to be saved.

I don't know if its love Im missing. But I know just bubbling under the surface is this desire to run. Retreat off into the wide world and leave it all behind. Be free and wander. I wonder if its an anchor Im missing.

I attract myself to danger now just to start to feel. Walking in dangerous areas at night. Standing up for people I don't even know just to feel something other than nothing. My friends are starting to notice a change in me but they think I just need someone in my life.

But Im not so sure.

Maybe you have felt the same sometimes?

2. setnyx

i have felt that way also when my mom died. i was lost and numb finding an anchor helps. it doesn't need to be romantic,maybe just get out of your comfort zone.try a new sport or hobby something you can lose yourself in.

3. neari

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oddly enough alot of this started after a death.

I have lost another friend this past 3 months so maybe that has been something to add to the pot if you get me.

4. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depression more often than not feels like numbness instead of stereotypical sadness. Acting out and social withdrawal is also a sign of that. There could be psychological mechanisms at work here, or it could be biological. Either way, I'd visit a doctor, get a referral to a psychiatrist.