1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dress Shirts, Ties and Jeans

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Eli33, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Eli33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi there!

I was looking for some advice on purchasing ties and "nicer" shirts for young, somewhat masculine-presenting ladies. I might go on a hunt for these things tomorrow, and just want some general tips, especially on sizing.
    Are there stores that carry nice, button-down shirts for women that have collars suitable for ties?
    If not, any advice on finding men's shirts that will properly fit a smaller, scrawnier build?

As for ties, are there sections for women's ties, or should I look through the men's department? Any tips for sizing? I want something simple, thinner, and not clip-on.

Lastly, the jeans part. I've been wanting to start wearing men's jeans for ages now. I love how they look, I appreciate the presence of pockets, they're apparently more durable AND cheaper than women's jeans.
    From what I know I may have to look in the boy's section -- I'm about 5"7, and a size 3 or 4 in women's jeans. Well, in one of the many measuring scales for women's jeans, at least.

I don't know -- I'm new to this thing, and I would really appreciate any little pointers you can draw from my vague ramblings.
    Thank you for your time and I hope you have a lovely day!

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

general rule of thumb is to just add 21, and you get your man waist size... makes since.. since I wear 30-32 jeans... and I can fit into size 7,8,9 female comfortably.

I would also try George.. I think its a kmart brand, sells cheap dress clothes for men and women... I think you'd be a Small in men's shirts though... don't quote me on this!

as for ties... Ididnt really wear them as a guy... so... lol =x
    but general rule of thumb, when tied it should reach your belt buckle(if applicable)
    hope I helped ^^ and I hope you end up looking dashing =p

3. Eli33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi there, thank you so much for your reply! Your post was definitely helpful; I had no clue about that add 21 rule. I have a much better idea of what to look for now. I think I might check out George brand as well. Anyways, if anybody else has something to add, please feel free to.
    Thanks again!

4. greyskye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If there is a mall near you, Belks has fantastic sale on ties right now.