1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in a rut

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nl226374, Feb 9, 2014.

1. nl226374

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel like I'm stuck in a rut...every week seems to be the same. I go to work everyday, hate it and just want the day to end. I look forward to the weekend so I don't have to work anymore. The weekend comes, but my friends are rarely around so I sit in my apartment feeling really lonely...the last few weekends I've gone the whole weekend without talking to a single person. Then Sunday comes and I start dreading work again, and on Monday the cycle repeats. I really wouldn't care at this point if I dropped dead tomorrow...there isn't really anything to look forward to anymore. I'm not really sure what to do, but I feel super lonely right now :/.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you need is to find out a reason for working in addition to just sustaining your routine. What beauty and fulfillment are you chasing by getting out of bed on Monday? It doesn't have to be something as grand as trying to become one with all of space and time. It could be practicing golf until you hit it right up next to the hole with a long iron. It could be experiencing a piece of music that electrifies your soul. Going even more basic, it could be having a kid or a pet and seeing the adoration in their eyes.

Meaning in life doesn't always just pop out of nowhere. I saw a quote last night while playing Civilization that said, "Don't wait to strike while the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking." You should work in order to live, not the other way around. :wink: