1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rough day

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andrew99, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone :smilewave I need :help: so let me tell u what's going on. Today at 10am I woke up I thought ok I think today will be a good day and boy was i wrong! I go to the backyard to ask him if he wanted to go off-roading which we did and was really fun but before I could ask he said that him and my mom r getting divorced :icon_redf :icon_sad: :dry: :eusa_doh: :bang: :tears: well enough of the faces but here's my other issues, so obviously I'm gay and this is what's hard I'm an only child and when your an only child and gay it makes it even harder to come out of the closet. Also I'm single and I cry a lot about that bc I just wanna bf. it's the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about before I go to bed. So when your gay and single, you're an only child, and then your parents get divorced that's just a no gamer. I just wanted to post this bc I wanted someone to make me feel better and since all u guys on here r so sweet I just need a nice reply.

2. Geo58

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Sup2345

Sorry about all the bad news. I wish I could talk to you about this from experience but I can't. My folks had a bad marriage but didn't get divorced. I wish they had though. All the fights and arguments were hard to deal with. I know that what is coming will be tough to deal with but things will get better in time. Trust me.

One of the first posts I responded to was your When Did You Know post. Just typing out my reply was emotional to me and I'm 55. It did get me to think about things though. You are just 14 years old right now. You have admitted to yourself that you are gay, I wis I had done this at your age. It took me forty years.

I know how you feel about wanting a bf. I want one too. You will find a bf in time, and I am sure it will be a wonderful experience for both of you.

You will decide when to come out and when the time is right. I wouldn't pressure yourself too much right now. You are dealing with other emotions with your parents divorce. You have to give things time. Just don't beat up on yourself too much over these things. You have your whole life ahead of you, you're still young.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks geo58 it just it's been really hard knowing that things aren't going to be the same it hurts a lot but I'm just trying to look Into my future bc it could be awesome bc it's a really hard time for me.

4. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prob can't really help but that it's the big one! I'm sorry! Break ups sick but I have read that divorce can be as loaded As a death! Check ur stress level maybe on a site that tally 's up all of ur stressors?

5. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Sup2345!

I am so sorry to hear about the bad news. I cannot imagine the level of sadness you are feeling right now. But you do know that its not your fault, right? That the decision is between your parents and not because of you. And I know it sucks right now and it will definitely take time adjusting to the situation but eventually, things will be okay for you.
    Its definitely an extremely painful situation for you right now but also think about your parents emotions. They are also suffering and they may need you to be strong for them.

About you being gay and single. All I can say is...you are still young, my dear. You have your whole life ahead of you and you will experience things and meet people beyond your wildest expectations. That is something to look forward to, right?

Maybe instead of dwelling on the idea of you being lonely and single, maybe you can take this time to better yourself. Get better grades at school, workout, work on your hobbies and hone your skills/expertise and be the best son to your parents while they go to this painful change in their lives. So when that guy comes along, you will be at your best. :slight_smile:

Don't worry, being gay and single is sometimes...a fabulous thing. :slight_smile:

I'm not sure if this reply will be of any help to you but I do hope it will make you smile, even just a little.

Cheer up!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

6. Jwis

Sorry to hear this! I don't know what it's like to have parents go thru a divorce, mine are still together. They did have a pretty rough patch for quite a few years when my dad was drinking.

I will share this with you though. I have witnessed two sets of my friends have their parents go thru a divorce. They now have better relationships with them then they did when they were together. There was always so much tension, so much hate in the households. I know it doesn't help now - but maybe just maybe the same could happen with you! I obviously don't know your situation so I can't say for certain.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I so can't wait till I'm in my 20's and it's all better.

8. Nicholas1991

And it does get better - especially when you get older and finish school, and all those other things - theres a whole world out there. You seem like a bright kid, you'll be ok :slight_smile:

My parents split up two years ago - thats part of the reason im kinda hesitant to come out - cause now instead of doing it once, now i have to do it twice separately. i hated them for it at the time, but i think it wouldve been worse if they'd stayed together when they didn't want to. Just try to take it one day at a time, and maybe talk to somebody if it gets too much (or you know theres some awesome people on here who will listen to you). I wish i had half your confidence about being gay when i was 14.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well thank u for that it means a lot. I'm just trying to look on the bright side that they could find other people I don't think my dad will get married again bc he will move into a condo and not too many people wanna do that. My mom I could see her getting remarried in a year or two and she's going to get most of the stuff bc she'll be moving into a house one that's already smaller than ours and ours is only about 2,200 sq ft. If she ever gets remarried I hope he's rich. Lmao jk just I hope he'll have a big house I wanna 2 story house but I've never lived in one oh well.

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well 2014 isn't my year. I just feel like fighting the whole world.

11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you're having a hard time (*hug*)

We're here if you need to talk. I hope this year gets better for you as time goes by

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well thank u all for being here for me it's just been really hard especially with today being valentines day an I obviously don't have one.