1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So last night i had my first gay encountr, ifeel guilty

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by twoturtle, Feb 10, 2014.

1. twoturtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I met this guy who lived close to me off of craigslist, he said he was std free and everything. I just had been fantasizing for so long about doing this that out of just excitement I started sucking his member, but no less than 5 seconds later I stopped and left, I couldn't go through with it. Afterward I felt so bad, I felt like "now I am going to get an std from having someones dick in my mouth for 5 seconds", I have bad anxiety now, I'm not going to lie i'm 16, lied about my age, said I was 18, and did this, it was my first and only time I will do this, but I can't fight these feelings any longer. And I just want to get last night out of my head but I can't. Can anyone give me advice?

2. Simple Thoughts

Oh dear...

Well I think the problem here is that you used Craigslist. I think it serves its purpose in some ways, but anyone looking to explore something like this for the first time is better served with someone they can trust. It's difficult enough to explore your sexuality, and I think trying with a stranger just adds an extra level of stress. If you're still having doubts and are still curious maybe you should try to find someone more willing to let you take things at your own pace?

It sounds to me like you're into the idea, but the situation left you feeling uncomfortable. You also seem rather paranoid about STD's. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, and especially using Craigslist *shudders* but I think maybe you've got a bit of a mental block in your head holding you back.

I'd suggest you just relax, take a deep breath, and think about things. You'll know what's right for you in time. There is no need to try and rush things :slight_smile:

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Not to be a jerk, but I'd say that if you feel guilty about it, don't do it. I know I'd feel guilty about trying to do it with some guy from Craigslist... I suggest you just try to not be so impulsive, take things slowly, and wait until (or perhaps unless) you find someone you truly love.

4. duende84

That is a quite normal reaction - having self guilt.

I am sure you'll be fine. Tell you what, why not rather register on a proper site where you can first have at least a virtual chat with a guy before doing something like this impulsive again.

Take your time, be cool, calm and collected because no-one is forcing this on you. You are curious which is perfectly normal. You just have to test the waters at your own pace. But preferable with someone you have had a decent chat with. First try to establish a basic friendship and talk about things you share a common interest in (and no, not dicks). Then maybe make a sort of a casual date by meeting in a public place like a diner or food-court. Then after having a kind-of-a normal conversation make the next move and then you'll be more comfortable at going through all the way. Best also with a guy of your age. (Not too sure about the legal age limits in the US).

But for now you need to relax and try and "quantize" your feelings and thoughts about this experience. And also try and formulate a "I won't do that, in such a manner, next time" list from your experience. To feel better is to learn from experiences, good or bad.

Good luck and be safe bud :slight_smile: when in doubt do not hesitate to ask here on EC!

5. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi twoturtle!

Oh my, so sorry to hear about your dilemma. I'm sure it can a toll on a person. Especially on someone young like you.

Just like everyone else said about this, maybe you should take things slow. Yes, it can be somewhat difficult because you are at that point where you want/need to explore/experiment. Curiosity can lead you into something awesome...but it can also cause you harm. I am not familiar with the scary-part of Craigslist but basing from the other replies to your thread, it seems to be that its best to not meet someone up from that site.

But also don't beat yourself up too much. Yes, its something new and scary and what you went through is a bit overwhelming but try not to dwell on it too much. Sometimes, the worries in your head are far worse than the actual reality. So instead of letting all these negative thoughts and emotions ruin you from being truly happy and free, I suggest to not entertain them as much as you can. Give more attention to the things you love and plan your future. I know its not easy but its better to try. :slight_smile:

You are fine, my dear. Its just a little setback but you'll be alright.

Cheer up!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]