1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another horrendous day

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andrew99, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :help: today was rough :icon_redf I posted yesterday on here my thread was called rough day. Well I've stated I'm gay, an only child, no bf, and my parents are getting divorced. (Also don't tell me I shouldn't be worrying about being single bc all I ever think about is having a bf and I see all these people making out in stuff and it makes me feel bad about myself. I see all these happy couples and then there's me all alone. I just wanted to post this to See if anyone can make me feel better because all of this negative energy coming from so many different directions is killing me inside.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You ARE awesome ... just by being you .. and knowing what you want !!
    Not many people can say that..

There are no quick fix answers ... but you are entering a period of great change. By the time you are 20 you won't recognise yourself. Sounds like your parents are going to be a big issue.. but you also gotta widen your circle of friends to get yourself 'out there' ... soon a BF will enter the circle - just you see :icon_bigg

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks that really helped a lot (*hug*)

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As someone who is in a happy relationship, I can confirm that there are larger things to worry about. Not that that isn't a good thing, because we do help each other a lot, but there are things you'll miss about being single.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No way I've been lonely for too long!

6. Mysz

You'll have a much better time finding a relationship in the future, a lot of people come out in high school or college and feel better about dating who they love versus who society wants them to =) One of my close friends has divorced parents but she pulled through and learned to love both of them again, as well as respect and get along with their significant others. *hug*

7. MrPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello OP :slight_smile:

The moment I started reading your post it really reminded me of myself (minus the parents divorcing). I can relate to the "seeing couples embracing makes me feel uncomfortable" part. It completely sucks that other people are very happy when we ourselves are close to dying on the inside... there are dark days where it seems like nothing will ever change.

You're young though, and there are some things you've yet to experience, like going to highschool, graduating, getting your first job (if not already), and going to college. I know that my advice may not be the best, but it is honest. Do not stress over not having a boyfriend, that will come in time. Be patient and lead a positive life, surround yourself with good people. Be a good person, and get rewarded.

8. ThePhoenix

I would like state that YOU are awesome and my parents have been divorced since I was 17 so about 5 years ago( but it was over long before then) so don't worry about that and I'd also like to state being single isn't that bad trust me. You are only 14 you have plenty of time to find a boyfriend. Do you have a good friend to talk to if not were here. So all in all everything is A OK your are awesome and I am jealous that you know what you want at your age, heck I'm 22 and still haven't figured everything out yet.

If that didn't help have some dancing bananas
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

#8 ThePhoenix, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014