1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identity Crisis

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RabidusRose, Feb 10, 2014.

1. RabidusRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Every day for the past month or so, I've just been going downhill. I don't know who I am and that is the most frustrating feeling to live with. I understand my sexuality and I know where I want to end up in life, but everything else is unknown. I don't even feel like who I'm supposed to be when I'm around my (very few) close friends. I feel like a blank canvas that's been tossed in a dusty corner, and my true image is never going to come through. I desperately need help, but help is hard to find when you live in a small town and you already know that most of the people there won't be helpful. I can't live like this but I don't know how to fix myself and I've been brought to tears far too many times simply trying to figure myself out.

someone please help me

2. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually this is really common in lot of people from 13-21 (even older) go through an identity crisis. Ive been threw one, your friends been through one, even your family has proabably been through one. Its common to want to know who you are and were you belong in this big ol world and its normal. All I can tell you is eventually youll find yourself! Be open to going to new places, meeting new people, trying new things and always be open minded and you will eventually figure out who you are. Don't cry because its one of those problems that will be solved in due time just be patient, enjoy life and honestly don't worry about it because life is very short and you want to spend as much time as you can just living it the best you possibly can.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take solace in this.

It takes a long time to truly find who you are. Asking that question is something that isn't solely the domain of LGBT people. It took me to my late 20s to really get anywhere with understanding who I am.

You are still young, try new things, meet new people. You don't have to have the answer. That is part of life's journey.

4. RabidusRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks you guys. I really needed to hear that from someone.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just leave it at being young and give it time. I tell people the same thing that others told me which I am telling you now. There is truth in it.