1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Help a Friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by boysdontcry, Feb 10, 2014.

1. boysdontcry

Hey EC, been a while. I need some advice.

A friend of mine who is a lesbian in high school has been getting progressively more stressed and anxious about school. She is not out to anyone but close friends and the anxiety and fear from indirect homophobia (especially from her family) is getting to her badly. She needs a support system. I suggested PFLAG, but the nearest one to her isn't a place she can feasibly go for multiple reasons. There is only so much I can do since we can only communicate over the internet. What can I do, or what can she do?

Thanks,
    Mathias.

2. DK22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi I'm sorry to hear that. I feel for her I really do. have you recommended this forum? all of us on here don't judge or anything like that. she can feel safe and secure in discussing her feelings and emotions

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DK22 gave good advice. I agree. Tell her about EC, we will help her through her struggles, or at least lend an ear if she needs to talk about things she can't discuss with anyone else