1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to look more lesbian?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sbl11, Feb 12, 2014.

1. sbl11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi guys!
    I have gotten to the age where I am interested in finding a significant other. However, my "gaydar" sucks. I am also considered a lipstick lesbian so I do not look gay at all. My school does not have a club for the gay straight alliance and I am in the closet when it comes to family, so I can't really go anywhere that's meant for the LGBT community. How do I look more "gayish" while still being a lipstick lesbian?
    Any and all advice will help greatly. Thanks <3

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could always incorporate some rainbow things into your daily wear? Like a rainbow bracelet, rainbow scarf, rainbow belt, anything really. Even a rainbow necklace. Rainbows are usually a dead giveaway to people who know what it means

3. Cerith23

4. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just talk about your love for boobs a LOT

5. willycubed28

I will say this a lesbian doesn't have a certain look. Everyone is different. You need to be you regardless. You don't need to fit in to what you think a lesbian should look like because that is different for everyone. Don't reform to what the world thinks a lesbian looks like, because a lesbian is human like everyone else and everyone has their own tastes of what they like and don't like.

6. JellyBean

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't think I'll be much help, since I accepted my bisexuality when I started dating my gf. meaning I look pretty "straight".

Though from my personal encounters of people I know, a sense of humour and charm are pretty common attributes to lesbian women. They're just comfortable with themselves and yeah... so don't worry too much about "looking the part". Dress however way you like. I think being comfortable with yourself will naturally attract girls to you :wink:

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think you need to change your look just be yourself yes it' s hard for us femmes to find other girls but maybe you can where rainbow earrings or bracelets .

8. SheikahOfTime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I tend to wear grunge-esque clothes. Jeans, converse shoes, flannels, a thermal shirt with a t-shirt over it. jean shorts and tshirts in the summer. It's like grunge/androgynous...it's grungerogynous

9. sbl11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
    I am going to buy a rainbow scarf this weekend. Yes, I know that I don't have to fit into any stereotypes of what a lesbian looks like. Most femmes will understand where I am coming from. Have a great day and thanks again for all the suggestions and support <3

10. ComingClean

ComingClean Guest

It's not about trying to look gay. It's about recognising the gay look. :lol:

11. Beetle

I have a hard time as well, and I'm more "butchy" and tomboyish...I still get hit on by guys all the time. Where all the gay girls at? Haha.

But yeah, there is no one "lesbian" look. Don't try and look a part, just be yourself and you'll find a girl that loves that!

12. AAASAS

Some dockers boots, a flannel shirt, and a short hair cut should do it.

You can't get away with it by being tomboyish, so many straight girls are tomboyish.