1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Alone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DissolvedInk, Feb 14, 2014.

1. DissolvedInk

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First of all
    Sorry if this is totally in the wrong area :frowning2: Didn't think it really fit in any other forum though?
    I'm just feeling really alone right now. I'm genderqueer/fluid, and I don't know if anyone else has looked around much. But there aren't much support boards/chats/info etc on this kind of thing. Lately I've just been feeling really alone in this. I just want someone who I can talk to about this and they can go 'yea I understand' instead of just talking at someone as they nod there head. I appreciate my friends support so much, but sometimes I just want to talk to someone who knows what it's like to be this way. I guess I'm just frustrated. I don't know if its with myself or with the fact that it seems to be a very unrecognized identity. I just don't want to feel like I'm on the outside anymore. I'm not trans. I'm not cis. I'm just me, and I usually really enjoy that. But sometimes its terribly lonely. Like no one in the world can relate to how I feel about it.
    I'm not 'out' to friends or family, and I never plan to be. Because I just want to be me and they can think whatever they want about me, instead of a bunch of drama. But that leaves me with really just the internet for support or talking about something like this.
    I just don't want to feel so alone anymore. I know theres other people out there like me, it just seems so impossible to find them.

2. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello!
    First, I completely understand, because before I found this forum I was super lonely and depressed because I had literally no one to talk about being genderfluid with. I tried to explain it to my mother and sister and an ex-friend, but it just isn't the same as talking to someone who actually identifies as the same thing.
    So, I'm here if you ever need to talk to someone!

3. DissolvedInk

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    aah thank you ;u; finally. Is it okay if I PM you or something? (maybe not tonight. It's pretty late)

4. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's definitely okay. Whenever you feel like you need to talk, don't hesitate, okay? ^^

5. Sarah257

Glancing around the gender identity and expression board I have seen a number of posts regarding being gender fluid. That would probably be the best place to look for others like you. Or maybe Beloved can point you towards others like you. I've noticed his/her name on most of those I've seen.

(@beloved: Sorry if I got the pronoun incorrect.)

6. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Sarah! I've seen a few other gender fluid people on the gender identity and expression board. Though I wouldn't know who to tell you to talk to, per say. But if you glance around there, there's a few posts that you might be able to get some information from.

(@Sarah: You're fine. ^^)

7. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi DissolvedInk,

I don't know exactly what you go through as a genderqueer but I can assure you that most of us [if not all] feel all alone at some point in our lives.

I may not be able to help you out with a great advice but trust that I say that we are here for you and can relate to your emotions.

Don't worry, there are people here who can help you and give you the advice and support that you need.

Cheer up!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

8. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hug
    Hug

I too have had that hallow heart feeling

Hang in there

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well each person is different even amongst genderfluid or androgynous people so your experience may vary but yes, it's nice to have empathetic people as well as sympathetic ones.

Stick around here there are awesome people and they will make you feel better.

10. Kalon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm lonely as well and because i know how it feels would be more than happy to be a ear to vent too.

11. DissolvedInk

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thank you all so much for the support. It feels good to know that people care :') edit: so i didn't know that I couldn't send PM's to members apparently? OnO

#11 DissolvedInk, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Need to be a full member to both send and receive

13. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah, I didn't know that. I guess the only way to communicate is through here and our walls, right?