1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"No, they don't feel the same." You say... and then they end up with someone else...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AnonymousUser, Feb 17, 2014.

1. AnonymousUser

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm so frustrated. This is the only place I can find to let out what I'm feeling, so I apologize if this is a little self-centered. I'm a teenage girl—a seemingly straight one—and I met a girl over the summer. Well, with me being secretly bisexual and all, it didn't take long for me to develop a crush on her. This was at a camp put on by a respectable club that we are both heavily tied to, so we were all about leadership and friendship, so we grew close... By the end of only three days, we had this connection. Now, I'm angry with being bisexual. I get way too many crushes, so, in this case, I told myself that she was far too esteemed (president of our district of said club) to be gay or admit it if she was... we were friends, but that was it. She had a boyfriend. Now, with her being president of the district, I've seen her only a couple of times since then. I never really got over her. I recently saw her week before last. Then, today, I finally got an Instagram... and I realized that all of my recent, subtle suspicions from Facebook had been right.

She is openly bisexual.

She has had a girlfriend since September, two months after camp.

Those few short days... the late nights, the way she went out of her way to stay by me the whole time, the way she told me, with pride, that I was amazing... It could have meant something. I could have done something about it... and I didn't.

But now, what chance do I have? First of all, she's in a very happy relationship. I don't want to ruin it for her. Secondly, I'm not even openly bisexual. How would SHE know to do anything first? Lastly, this keeps happening to me. I feel something, and then they're gone. And here I am, looking straight and not worried about dating, losing every chance I get... Sorry, but I'm just...

Frustrated.

2. Seagypsy

Re: "No, they don't feel the same." You say... and then they end up with someone else

Oh babe don't worry I'm 35 and have exactly the same problem xx

3. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: "No, they don't feel the same." You say... and then they end up with someone else

You can't blame yourself for any of this. There's no way you could have known she was bisexual at camp unless she told you herself. Same thing goes for you, she had no way of knowing you were bisexual.

It is hard when people assume you're straight though... I can remember having to listen to one of my crushes talk to me about hot guys on the swim team, while I tried my hardest not to show I had feelings for her. Heck, people still assume I'm straight, just because I'm kinda girly.

I can understand your frustration, but just know that none of this is anybody's fault. While you might not be able to be with this girl specifically, there will be others. You'll be able to find someone.

4. AnonymousUser

Out Status:
    Not out at all

Wow, thank y'all. :slight_smile: I kind of feel better after posting that. I feel less hopeless, so thanks y'all. :slight_smile: