1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting To Die

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Feb 18, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I know it's only been a few days, but I just can't see a way out of this endless hurt. My Mum told my Dad I was gay, he then made 2 thinly veiled attempts to try and change me by threatening me, giving me ultimatums, and then when I didn't listen, threatening to kill me twice. I then tried to run away somewhere because I didn't want to spend the next 4 years living in fear for being me, or keep looking over my shoulder to see if my dad approves. My dad can now see everything I do on Facebook because he said he would deactivate it to stop me being influenced. I've done nothing but be angry, cry, and contemplate suicide for the last 3 days. And now noone can really help me, and neither of my parents seem to care. What should I do?

2. Nick07

Oceanic, you must contact the authorities. I am absolutely sure there are offices or helplines that can change your life for better.
    If you give us or the admins an aproximate area where you live, we can look up some contact for you.

3. ZenMusic

I live in the northeast of England

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2014 at 02:17 AM ----------

My Dad keeps telling me I'm a spoiled brat for running away, and I just don't know who's right and who's wrong anymore.

4. Nick07

I have contacted somone in the UK who works with the people who need help just like you. I will get back to you as soon as I hear from him.

#4 Nick07, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  5. apostrophied

If he's making real, serious death threats, it would be justified for you to call the cops.

*hugs* this sounds bad...

6. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Death threats? Dear god...call the authorities...please. (*hug*)

7. Nick07

Oceanic,

you should try barnodos, it's a children's charity. There's the lesbian and gay helpline you should ring them. Where are you staying? Have you been reported as missing by your parents? Are you going to school now?

8. ZenMusic

My Mum stopped me before I could run away , and then told my Dad, and then because my sister said I could stay at hers without asking my parents, and my Dad then said that back in Nigeria he would've helped me run away, but if one day I still want to go, he will help me run away, and that he would kill me if I ever tried anything like this again. I understand it was reckless and irresponsible for me to do so, but what else could I have done?

9. apostrophied

Hmmmm, so were these death threats actually serious? Sorry, can't tell from your post whether or not they were.

Perhaps the best thing to do at this point would be to talk to your dad and tell him you thought about it and you don't really think you're gay. That'll get him off your back and when you're 18, you can leave and do what you want... I don't know your entire story though, so maybe that wouldn't work for you.

But suicide is not the answer. Life can be hard, very hard, even much harder. But it also tends to get better for most people. It's only been a few days, bro, give yourself a chance. I know you feel like it's the end of the world forever, but really, your undeveloped frontal lobe is tricking you. There's life after hurt. Take it from someone who's had bricks fall on her for a good decade. I'm still here and yet they keep falling.

10. ZenMusic

They were very serious.

11. apostrophied

Ok, so you should call 911 and get the heck out of there before he can do something to you... Unless you manage to defuse (sp?) the situation somehow.

12. ZenMusic

I might consider telling them I'm not really gay, but then I'd be proving my mum right when she said it's only a phase, I'd also get an "I told you so" speech and probably a beating from my dad for "lying" to him. I find the concept of the whole situation bone-breakingly hillarious.

13. Nick07

14. apostrophied

Forget about proving your mom right, your safety is more important. In terms of lying, do you think he'd buy it if you said you really believed you were gay, but then some serious praying or soul-searching or whatever, and you realized it was the influence of the media/the devil/the monster under your bed that was giving you these sinful thoughts, and that you really weren't trying to lie but were simply mistaken?

Basically, you need to get them off your back with as little damage done as possible, no matter what the means. It doesn't seem like the situation is salvageable anyway, so lying to them should really be the least of your concerns.

Now, I'm not in your skin, I don't know your parents, I'm just working with what you're telling us. Definitely use your common sense when applying any advice people are giving you here.

15. GayDadStr8Marig

Ok first of all, suicide is not an option.

The only real options are either get help from a local organization or even better local authorities, or temporarily go back in the closet for your own safety.

I would definitely recommend getting help from someone who can protect you. Threatening the life of any, especially their own child, is a very serious matter not to be brushed off. Perhaps there is a safe-house or something you can go to if the authorities are not being responsive?

16. ZenMusic

I think I'm slowly coming out of it now, thanks for the advice I've gotten, my Dad seems to think I've gotten influenced and people were telling me gay and I was starting to believe it. He's pretending the "issie" doesn't exist at the moment, and I'm just going to have to be happy with that.

17. Nick07

That's good. Study hard to have a chance to leave home in several years if the situation is not better.

18. apostrophied

That's the good thing about homophobic parents. They so don't want to have a gay kid that it's often pretty easy to convince them that you were led astray by friends/society/Satan and are really not gay at all lol... Glad you're feeling a bit better, aren't you happy you didn't act on your impulse? :slight_smile:

19. ZenMusic

Quite. I have a lot to live for and my life isn't going to be cut short because I have to live with a homophobe for the next four years. He said he will give me my PS3 back if I promise him I don't look at and research things that will "mess my mind up." He was talking to me about getting a girlfriend (Never going to happen) and how to talk to them. My Mum still thinks it's a phase, and that if I was 18 maybe she would believe me, but the idea I need to prove I'm gay is ridiculous and demeaning. They can both pretend I'm straight, I'm married to a woman, have kids, they can pretend I'm dead for all I care. I know who I am, and that's what matters.

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2014 at 01:44 AM ----------

Nothing will ever make me go back there again.

20. XTREMEZish

Tell the police about your situation. Seriously