1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping with everyone except the right person?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Seagypsy, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Seagypsy

I've noticed that some bisexual people, usually the ones I'm really into, often sleep with lots of random people, of all ages and types, but when they meet someone they really like and feel a strong vibe with, they avoid them... They are happy to have some fun but they are scared of their true deep feelings becaus they represent their true sexuality,...am I right. My feelings scare me so I can understand, but I have dealt with it by staying a virgin.... :frowning2:

2. ornoir29

I don't think it's exclusively a bisexual thing. Many many people are afraid of committing (sleeping around is pure fun - committing involves things that are not fun), and in general people are afraid of change. Even if all you have is misery, you know that misery and there's some comfort in it, whereas you don't know what comes after change, be it good or bad.

3. Seagypsy

Maybe, but since I am a virgin, I don't know what I'm missing physically and seem to be an emotional mess when it comes to falling in love... :frowning2: (feelinglikearealfailuretodaythankstohotboss)..... :frowning2:

4. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Seagypsy!

I agree with ornoir29 that its not just bisexual people who deals with this or has issues with committing when the right ones come along. Some people, in general, are afraid to show their true thoughts and emotions in the fear of thinking that its a form of weakness. Not to mention the commitment part which takes up a lot of time, effort and energy.

I guess some bisexual people has these reasoning too on top of figuring their true sexual selves out in the process. Its an inner-struggle they have to overcome eventually.

Cheers!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

5. Noelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think there are people who do that because they are very shutdown emotionally and don't want to let people in. They are scared to get hurt, and as has been said, some people do run from their real feelings/emotions. I, personally, can't imagine doing that, but I have heard of people walking away from someone they really love for different reasons.

6. ornoir29

The only cure for that is... trying to be in a relationship. You will make mistakes and you will probably be hurt in the process, but that's called growing up. I had a 4-years-relationship that was wonderful for one year, and worse and worse for the following 3 years. I wish I had broken up earlier, but boy I learned A LOT from all the mistakes we made. Now I know better what I want and need in a partner, and I know what I can do to avoid mistakes. We are all "an emotional mess" when we start dating and having relationships, it's only with time and experience that you can get better.
    Not to mention that the more sex you have, the better it gets. I'm not saying "be a slut!", but if you have a partner and regularly have sex, you will learn a lot of things.

And eventually, I understand your fear of physical intimacy and romance, I had the same. But it's like you're living a life ruled by fear. Think about yourself in 30 years, would you be happier to look back and say "Phew! I avoided a lot of trouble by hiding in my little corner", or "Wow! I made some mistakes, but I had good times and I discovered a lot about myself and people in general"?

Think about it (*hug*)

7. Seagypsy

Well I really can't try much harder than I currently am, it's just the girl I love who won't be with me... She has a boyfriend and is seeing another girl but her boyf doesn't like me, cos I like her too much, however so does the other bloody girl..... We had something special, so all I can do is stay friends and hope things can change in time... :frowning2: