1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job Interviews!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Claudette, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Hi Hi everyone!
    I am looking for some advice on job interviews!
    I am putting in applications all around town to companies that offer Transgender specific Health plans...
    I currently live PT as a female, edging on fulltime... as soon as I master my feminine voice....
    My question is.... to these Interviews that I have down the road (like next week) should I go as a woman? or should I go as a boring man? I did mention on the application that I am Transgender, and according to state Ids I am still listed as male
    Again these companies I have interviews with offer Transgender healthcare, and I do plan on going full time kinda soon
    Plus it'll give me a reason to finally wear all these corporate casual female clothes I have lol
    Suggestions? ^^

#1 Claudette, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do what makes you comfortable. Nothing sexier than a person with confidence!

Go get 'em girl!

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I have plenty of confidence.. I think! as people who don't see me alot as a man can't place my face as a "males face" when i am a woman... plus I do love corporate casual female clothes xD
    Plus plus... my legs look amazing in nylons and pumps... at least i think so lol

#3 Claudette, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Given that you have mentioned on the application that you are transgender, I'd say wear the cloths that best represent you. From what you have mentioned, it's clear which clothes you are going to wear.

Part of a job interview of course is not just how you answer the questions, but also how you present yourself, of which confidence is a major part. Picking the right clothes and feeling they best represent you, will go along way in projecting that confidence. :slight_smile:

5. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I would flop alot of inteviews as a man... in fact... now that i think about it... lol I've only actually obtained onl 1 job by myself... most were from friends xD

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gender aside, confidence and eloquence in speaking. Research the company, know their mission statement. Trust me that goes VERY far despite anything else.

I think you know you're female so that's not the issue.

The only way to get better is to practice with interviews. I biffed a few, even where I had an in, I only got better as time went on.

7. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I am a very articulate individual... but for some reason during the 2nd or 3rd interview I'd always forget to mention something, or mess it up (case in point with best buy, I forgot to tell the GM of the store I am fluent in Spanish, which I feel cost me the job ;:wink: but when I am a woman... my mind is clear, I can focus better... I think i will try this as a woman, see how I do =)

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You forgot to mention you're bilingual? C'mon now, don't forget that, it sets you apart from probably a lot of other people.

Do you have résumés? Those are always good to polish and force yourself to remember credentials.

9. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I mentioned it on the first 2 interviews... figured they would've wrote it down for the third... but im a bit ditzy i guess lol
    and I do keep an updated resume ^^

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At least you aren't blond...:lol:

Oh wait... I shouldn't talk.:eusa_doh:

11. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Plenilune!

I think you should go there as you really are...a woman! Let them know up front that you are comfortable in your skin and that you are a confident, intelligent woman who is the perfect candidate for the job.

If you go to the interview dressed as a male, you feel [as you've said] boring and it might hurt your confidence and your ability to shine them with your wit, skills and personality.

Go get the job, dear!!! I wish you luck and happiness!

Cheers!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

12. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

There u go then go as you feel best, I went to my doc today as women, it felt great

13. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I will ^^ Thanks Rabbit ^^ I did my therapy today as a gal also, she was happy to see me comfortable enough to "transition" in front of her lol

14. coffeeaddict32

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would say go as a woman! From what you've said, I think you'll be a lot more comfortable and confident going as a woman. Being comfortable in your own skin will make it much easier to show them that you're the perfect person for the job. :slight_smile:

15. Claudette

Claudette Guest

so... Tomorrow is the big day lol with the support of you all here at EC & my roommates I will be going to the local Mall, as a woman, to partake in a job interview, My brothers wife, and my ex (all of which are roommates lol) have both helped me select an outfit suitable for tomorrow.
    I gotta say I am excited, while my female voice isn't perfect yet, it is getting there ^^

16. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I got the job ^^

17. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, Plenilune.

As demonstrated, confidence is always best.