1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused/depressed - need advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by strangedesign, Feb 19, 2014.

1. strangedesign

hi all,

well... i told my girlfriend (who i really care about) that im bi and she freaked out and dumped me...

needless to say i was very surprised and hurt.

is it generally better to hide being bi from women im with? im guessing it would be a pretty big turn off for most, but being dishonest with who i am also kinda sucks... ...

Also, i'm just generally concerned about the possibility of getting married one day. I definitely see myself marrying a woman and having a traditional family, but i cant help but feel that my interest in guys will make this impossible.

thanks in advance for any advice (&&&)

2. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry she freaked out and hurt you like that. Nonetheless, I think that you should never have to hide who you are from the ones you love and care about. If they truly care about you, they will accept you for who you are. I know you are hurting right now, but maybe her leaving was for the best. Perhaps you would not have been happy with her seeing as she wasn't really understanding. I am sure that if you're patient, you will find someone who will accept you as you are :slight_smile: Don't give up. And never settle down for anything less than who you truly are because you deserve to be happy. I hope this was helpful :slight_smile: I wish you the best

3. birdnerdjoel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there.

Bisexuality is very normal, and sadly I feel biphobia is more prevalent than homophobia. I do indeed know many gay guys who think "bi now, gay later", which is not true at all.

Sometimes these moments may seem like the absolute worst thing in the world, however, it may be an opportunity for you to experience your bisexuality and truly be the sexually-fluid person you are. I say take this time to explore yourself by being proud of who you are and staying strong.