1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panic attacks tearing apart relationship

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LayLay, Feb 19, 2014.

1. LayLay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really dont know who to turn to about all thats been going on.. But I will start telling the story.. I came out of the closet over a year ago.. Some were surprised and some werent.. So after that I am more open to dating women.. I was using a dating site online and just happen to find one of the most amazing woman I have ever come across.. She was young but had her life together to the T.. Just a very real and genuine person.. It was no doubt that we fell in love quickly.. Everything has been perfect just really really in love.. 5 months into our relationship I was laying in bed one night with her and had a full blown panic attack.. I wanted to break up with her, I didnt want her to be there, my attack was just telling me she needed to be gone.. But pushing through all that I know I needed someone with me so I asked her to stay.. It was the scariest thing I had ever felt.. Its been about a month after that night.. I still frequently get the attacks but they are more manageable. I was put on some meds and went to acupuncture and was doing what I needed to do.. She spent the weekend with me not too long ago and the morning she left my heart was pounding and something didnt feel right.. It was like I was detached from her..Which was upsetting because I love her.. I told her everything and she was upset to hear that we might have to end things in order for me to be okay again.. But I dont want that to happen.. She is the love of my life, I just get these bad nervous feelings around her now and dont know why.. Some days are better than others but there is not a day that goes by that I dont feel completely myself .. PLEASE I need someones advice that I am okay.. And what we can do as a couple to keep our relationship..

2. Scaredadult10

I just came out to my friend last month. I can tell you for me talking to a third party even a few weeks helped. I still haven't told family or my other friends but it's baby steps. It sounds like you both are in love. I would talk with a therapist or an unbiased person. You need to get something off your chest.