1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever felt like...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CharlieChalk, Feb 22, 2014.

1. CharlieChalk

...you don't fit in anywhere?

I mean, I've just moved abroad (England to Qatar) for a job and I know you're supposed to give yourself a while to fit in and learn all the new stuff, but this goes back way before then.

I've never fitted in anywhere. Heck, I'm not even sure I have friends. I just... I went to see someone about it all before I left and she kind of explained how my confidence and all of that is low, and yeah, okay. But... I'm just tired. I'm tired of spending my life on the outside looking in. I just want to fit in. And I don't know how.

How do people fit in?

2. Simple Thoughts

Hello :slight_smile:

Don't worry I know all about not fitting in. You should try being an anime nerd with an ability to articulate thoughts trapped in a backwoods area. Basic grammar elludes most everyone here, and to top it all off they only care about silly things like hunting and not missing the next Duck Dynasty -.-'

So yeah, I don't really fit in around here. I do have my little handful of friends though, and whenever I start to feel too terribly alone one of them seems to magically pop up at the right moment. So that's helpful.

If you're wanting to know how to fit in you have two options that I could offer.

#1: Fake it. This means learning the people around you, and figuring out how to play into their way of doing things. This one will win you a bigger number of friends, but it'll come at the heavy heavy price of losing any meaningful connections with anyone. Still...it is an option

#2: Openly be yourself. This might cost you a large following, but it has the better reward if you ask me. I don't care about numbers I prefer a small group of friends who understands and appreciates me for who I am. If that's what you're looking for than the answer is simply 'be yourself and never be afraid of what people will think of you'