1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgendered Jamaican

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by iwritelife, Feb 22, 2014.

1. iwritelife

Out Status:
    All but family
    I am a 22 year old Jamaican college student. I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica and as many of you may know, my country is HIGHLY homophobic and violent. I can't tell you how many times I've been chased and feared for my life.

All my life I've been a "tom-boy", never liked pink, dresses or dolls. The last time I was forced to buy feminine clothes I cried, this was just last year.
    Recently I've started to resent myself more and more when I look into the mirror, my chest isn't flat enough, the bulge in my pants isn't big enough and most of all I cringe when anybody refers to me with any feminine pronouns.

I was born as Ashley-Anne but I go by Jordan or Jordie.

There is no support in my country because if I come out as Trans, I will be raped, beaten, killed or become homeless. I cry about this everyday and feel so alone.
    I recently came out to my mother as a lesbian and I continue to hide behind that mask because I know she will never understand that her only child and daughter is actually her son.

2. apostrophied

I'm so sorry, this sounds horrible. :frowning2: Can one seek asylum in cases like this?

In the meantime, stay strong and most of all, stay safe.

3. setnyx

if you fear your safety there may be asylum available as for your home life sometimes they never come around.

4. Seanathon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, don't ever give up hope. It WILL get better eventually, it just takes time for people to understand something that is hard for them to understand. Look at how far America has come in the past couple of decades. It's our job and responsibility to create a future where young LGBT people don't have to go through the stages of self-hatred and self-doubt that so many of us have gone through. But seriously though, DON'T give up hope. We're all here for you! :slight_smile: