1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't accept myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Phoebsta, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Phoebsta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I accept everyone, yet I can't seem to accept myself for being gay? I hate it. I don't know why. I couldn't care less if someone if gay/straight yet I care so much if I am? I just can't accept myself.

Please help . Thanks.

2. Nikky DoUrden

You didn't specify how old are u (and thats ok ofc!), but if you're on the younger scale then its ok to be struggling with your orientation, I think many of us did, including myself, to deny it and even try to be straight.
    So it will take time, and in the meanwhile, just try to enjoy life and do things that really matter like hanging out with friends and studying, and in time u'll learn to see how beautiful you are and come in terms with being gay (*hug*)

Just my opinion, I guess more wise people will comment after me! :slight_smile:

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well here's whats interesting u said u've came out to one person. That SAMs u may have not fully accepted yourself but actually In a way u have. U just didn't even know it. Though u seem probably young I am too and I've fully accepted myself. I just hang around open minded people. I've accepted myself and I'm still in the closet.

4. Phoebsta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have came out to one person, in tears in a meltdown basically. I am. 13 and at times I just don't care but when I think about it I just want to start crying again.