1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have a right to be angry about this?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by anonym, Feb 23, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

This is rather embarrassing to be posting but I'm angry, upset and I have no one to talk to about this. Recently I have been treated like some sort of pervert by my family for being trans. My parents don't get on and since I've come out (only to my mum and she outed me to my siblings) it has been suggested that now it would be better for me to share a bedroom with my dad so my mum doesn't have to any more. It has also been suggested that I should never have been sharing a bedroom with my sister growing up. I see where they're coming from but I had absolutely no idea I was trans until I was 24 and I certainly wasn't some sort of pervert. I never had any relationships or even thought about that sort of thing because I was ashamed of my sexual orientation. Anyway all this got me angry especially when I think back to a certain few incidents when I was in my early teens and my brother and sister used to grope me. I just had a row with my mum about this and one incident in particular when my brother took it upon himself to approach me from behind and stick his fingers between my legs in my female parts. I told my mum at the time and she said he's a boy, he's just being silly. I know it doesn't sound such a big deal when you compare it to cases where people are sexually abused by their family members but well...it has kind of made a lasting impression and it did feel violating. I feel so angry with my mum that she didn't care when I told her and even now she's saying he didn't do it maliciously, that's what kids do when they get to teenage years. I can't remember how old I was exactly. I am guessing between 14-16 and he a year and a half younger. Why am I so angry and feel so violated by what they did when it's not a big deal?

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're scared of the unknown and perhaps unwilling to learn? Well, you're not psychic and people don't choose to be trans.

You have every right to be ticked off. So he never got punished for this? I mean your mum should've at least talked to him about this and explained why it is wrong. It doesn't matter that it 'wasn't that bad'. It's still unwanted sexual contact. If a person has a broken arm... we shall deal with it, we won't say "oh, pull yourself to together, at least you're not dying." Pain is pain. I see they're minimising the issue in their heads and maybe have some issues with sex themselves.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What the ever loving fuck.

"Why am I so angry and feel so violated"

Probably because you were violated...

Seriously what the hell is wrong with your mother?

4. Simple Thoughts

Serious what the heck? 0.o

If someone gropes you in that manner without your consent you've been violated. There's no 'it's not that bad' about it. Being violated is being violated. The fact that your mother didn't discipline him in any way over it is even worse in my opinion. You're lucky that he didn't continue doing such things because honestly she sort of set up an environment where he was practically encouraged to do so -.-'

Moving on to the earlier part of what you had to say...

You have every right to be mad at your parents. They have no grounds what so ever to think of you as a pervert, and they certainly shouldn't be treating you the way that they are. It's shameful at best.

I feel for you friend, I can't stand when people start behaving in such ways -.-'

5. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

You were violated by your brother, and then your family accuses you of being a pervert when you've done nothing?

I'd stab a bitch.

But seriously don't stab people, it's frowned upon.

6. anonym

anonym Guest

wow, I'm guessing from these responses I do have a right to be angry. I am fed up of everyone dumping stuff on me. Because I'm trans it seems like everyone automatically blames me because I don't matter and deserve to be treated like crap.

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2014 at 06:45 PM ----------

when I say everyone, I'm talking about my family...