1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bromance or romance?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sharoy, Feb 23, 2014.

1. sharoy

I have a friend who I've known my entire life, since kindergarten. We are seniors in high school now, and our close friendship is getting closer. We're getting more comfortable in extremely close quarters, and we've mutually stopped trying to deny our friends that ship us.

I've been finding myself thinking about him differently; romantically. I've dreamt about him often for a few weeks now, and I'm starting to think I actually like him. But I don't know if he likes me. I don't know his sexuality, other than that I know he has been attracted to girls in the past, but recently, he called me (and two other guys) attractive in a truth or dare question in which he could just as easily chosen girls. I'm not sure what to do. My other friends are all accepting, and most of them are gay, lesbian, or bi themselves, but they all think I'm straight, and I think he does too. I want to tell him I like him, but I do not want to ruin the friendly relationship we have.

2. confused1234

Would you feel comfortable telling your friend that you are questioning your sexuality? That is probably the best course of action right now, assuming you are ready. It probably isn't best to immediately tell him that you have feelings for him.

It sounds like your group of friends would be accepting, so I'm assuming he would be too. After that, you kind of need to gauge his reaction and take things from there.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think because you two are quite close friends already, you should at least be able to tell him about your questioning sexuality, if not your feelings for him. Just find a moment alone with him and say: "Hey, there's something I wanted to tell you"
    and take it from there :slight_smile:
    Good luck!

4. prettylonely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    if you want to come out to him or any crush, the recommended method is:

1. make sure its' safe for you to do that and that the person wont blab it to everyone else if you are not ready for that.

2. if it is a good friend, then just let me know you wanted to be honest about something that you're kinda going through.

3. it's not recommended to tell someone you're gay and you're into them all at the same time. i mean, you can do that but the typical response will be: ok, you being gay is ok, but i'm straight and i see you as a friend.